Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Japanese Straightening in Brooklyn

amother

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 6:46 am
Hello everybody,

I am posting anonymous because I am embarrassed about this problem that I have. I have extremely thick and unruly hair. I guess it’s bordering on curly but it’s just mainly very hard to control. The problem is it’s very hard to stuff it under my shaitel or other hair covering. I really don’t want to cut my hair off. Doing so would make it easy to cover but I look good in long hair and I rather work around the long hair.
I was advised to get Japanese straightening.
Now I’ve been trying to research places on the internet to get a Japanese done, but it looks to me like its very expensive. Some hair salons advertise this job for $500-$600!!! I really don’t want to pay so much. I would prefer a place in Brooklyn, but Manhattan would work fine to. My budget is tops $400, but of course if anyone knows where I can get this done for much cheaper, please tell me where! If I’m desperate enough, I’ll spend more becauseI’d love to have easier hair to manage and looks pretty. Thank you all.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:44 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....28788

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:47 am
Why would you be embarrassed of having curly hair?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:57 am
why on earth would you pay so much freakin money just to cover your hair ... go buy a straightener and some good hair conditioner for less than $100 bucks and do it yourself ...

slimnglam

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 8:01 am
I also have vey thick hair so I get thinnings. the best thing ever! I do it about every 2 months and depending on who you go to, it can cost between $10-$25.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 8:15 am
thinning doesn't always do the trick ... sometimes the shorter hairs then push up the longer ones ... I too have very thick hair ...

anyway you could also by a chemical straightener and do it yourself at home ... follow instructions ... need a lot of ventilation ... and time ... go check out sally's products ...

Mevater

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 9:17 pm
Which Brooklyn places do the Japanese straightening well and reasonably?

What are the pros and cons betw. Japanese and other methods?

I read the 2 threads and saw the name Gigi on CIA, has anyone else gone there, do they do the Japanese method?

Piper

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 10:22 pm
http://www.naturallycurly.com/

much better

amother

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 1:20 pm
I'm the OP.

Piper, thanks for the link. I actually am very familiar with that website. As a single girl, I left my hair natural but I can't do that if it's covered. It just doesnt work! Trust me I've tried all sort of things.

I've done chemical relaxing on my own. I've tried Revlon relaxeers but it only works if you blow dry your hair after you shower to get the flat straight affect. I dont have time for that. A Japanese would make my hair stick straight all the time, straight from the shower so I woudlnt even have to use a blow dryer anymore. This would be the best thing for me as I am a busy mom and wife.

Yes I would be willing to pay for it. If you knew the difficulties of my hair and covering it, then you would understand. Most people do not have my kind of hair. I dont think I've met anyone besides very few people who have my hair texture. If I wasnt covering, I'd leave it alone but with a shaitel, forget it. Its extremely uncomfortable sometimes, especially when I'm wearing it for 8 hours plus. A Japanese is the only way to go.

Any leads on Japanese straightening in Brooklyn or Manhattan, please let me know!!

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 1:23 pm
hey you could get some corn rows braided in Jamaica ... just kidding although I really want some myself ...

sorry about the difficult hair ...

don't know where ... just make sure a good reputation so they don't ruin it ... good luck!!!

brooklynmom

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 5:27 pm
I have the same problem with my hair! I got my hair japanese straightened the best thing I could have done! now my hair is straight silky and long and easy to put up under my sheital its awesome! I got it done in queens for 160 bux at a place called hair village. it was worth every penny!

Racheli

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 5:32 pm
There's a hair salon in Tenafly, New Jersey (just over the GWB) that charges $300. It's called "Haute."

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jul 22 2007, 5:58 pm
I know 2 people who had it done on Avenue U for about $200.
I think the place is called Red Salon or something along those lines......hold on.......(like you need to hold on while I google search..)
http://www.yelp.com/biz/s5t-Fq.....iWZpA
There - that should be it - just call to make sure.
My sister had it done, but her hair is straight, so it cost $180. someone I know who has more curly hair paid $200. If you have very very curly hair, perhaps it'll be more, but definately not $600!
good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 7:14 am
I had it done and it was the best thing I have ever done! No more blow drying and hair under my sheitle with no bump. I have wavy but very long hair and it cost me $180 in queens on Main st. in downtown flushing near roosevelt avenue. The place was called 3 star. I was the only non-asian there and they don'e speak much english, but they did a great job.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 7:17 am
BP or Flatbush places, anyone can recommend?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries