Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Arlington hotel in New Hampshire
1  2  Next

challenging

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:35 pm
Have u been there ? What can u tell me abt it?

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:58 pm
We where there this winter, please don't waste your money on this! They charged us full price even if there was no pool, gym, & most amenities they advertised. The "resteraunt" has a set menu which was the same measly meal all week for $75 per person per meal! Breakfast was measly as well. The shabbos meals where nothing special either. No dessert, they advertise that they bring out a Viennese table which there wasn't. Melava malka was also very measly... Just over shabbos was $900 a couple & we barely got anything. I can go on & on. We where so disappointed. We where so ripped off. You can get a week in Florida for one weekend there.

challenging

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:04 pm
Wow ! Everyone makes it sound mega

perquacky

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:06 pm
Just rent a condo and kasher the kitchen. We've done it in NH many times. Lots of kosher food available at local supermarkets. And if you want a minyan, look for a place at or near Loon Mountain.

challenging

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:08 pm
I was dreaming of sitting in to a hotel and being served kosher food. No schlepping

rosebunch

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:12 pm
I heard amazing feedback from acquaintances that were just there. Food, service, and overall experience was worth the money they spent.
Personally, I think it's way overpriced. I got a price quote of nearly $10,000 for 1 week in July for a medium sized family.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:36 pm
amother wrote:
We where there this winter, please don't waste your money on this! They charged us full price even if there was no pool, gym, & most amenities they advertised. The "resteraunt" has a set menu which was the same measly meal all week for $75 per person per meal! Breakfast was measly as well. The shabbos meals where nothing special either. No dessert, they advertise that they bring out a Viennese table which there wasn't. Melava malka was also very measly... Just over shabbos was $900 a couple & we barely got anything. I can go on & on. We where so disappointed. We where so ripped off. You can get a week in Florida for one weekend there.

Nothing like heimishe hype and marketing. Very Happy

The schools the vocational courses
The clothes
The food products
The restaurants
Shidduchim
The media

All the same...Got to love it

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:37 pm
I was just there. was amazing

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 7:38 pm
challenging wrote:
I was dreaming of sitting in to a hotel and being served kosher food. No schlepping

Keep dreaming

Maybe go to Fleishmans
At least its reasonable and the Oppenheimers are really nice people

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:12 pm
Maybe in the summer when it's more full they step up? It makes sense to maybe step down in the winter when it's not so busy, but if they did that they should lower the price as well. They are grossly overpriced.

rosebunch

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:26 pm
amother wrote:
Keep dreaming

Maybe go to Fleishmans
At least its reasonable and the Oppenheimers are really nice people

Did I just write this post? Not a comparison in caliber, but definitely more in range for our family size. somehow, Oppenheimer's keeps pulling us back!

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 8:50 pm
I loved it there. Make sure elevators are finished the instalation. And make sure pool is ready. Yes its expensive. But if Hashem blessed you with the extra use it gezunterheit. Only waldorf astoria can be overpriced? Food was very nice. Deserts and vieniss I dont remember. Maybe desert is not their strongest. We visited july 2016. If desert is better now feel free to correct me. My husband is picky sith food and he was ok. I looooved their salads. Had tons of variety. Big lobby with plenty of couches. Highly recommended. For my pocket to go agai. Would mean another credit card swipe bit if you can handle the expense go ahead and enjoy being in an all kosher hotel and not just looking all what the [gentile] can eat at another hotel.

Adela

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 9:44 pm
I was in the Arlington Hotel last week. We had a great experience. Place is beautiful, fresh, new and best of all CLEAN!
Food was tasty and generous.... Breakfast is included and is delicious. Shabbos food was delicious! Melava Malka was awesome! So many delicious choices!
Staff is very nice and accommodating.
Pool and Jacuzzi are beautiful!

Bh My husband, daughter and myself enjoyed and it was money well spent.

The only "issue"... there isn't much grounds or privacy though...

We did this as part of a mini road trip and the pull was mostly not having to shlep or be busy with food... We got to relax and be served!

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:39 am
Im happy to hear pool ready

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 4:35 am
amother wrote:
Maybe in the summer when it's more full they step up? It makes sense to maybe step down in the winter when it's not so busy, but if they did that they should lower the price as well. They are grossly overpriced.

I was there about 2 weeks ago. The out of season room prices were actually not overpriced AT ALL they were rather cheap. Yes I was dissapointed that they charged 75$ per person for dinner especially since in the off season they only offer one set meal no menu, although it was a completely diff dinner both nights that we stayed there. The food was good but not amazing. Breakfast buffet is free has a great variety and was really delicious.
The reason I chose this hotel was because I knew that it was new and clean. In that area they did not disappoint.
The pool was open.
Overall it was a nice experience, but if you are a foodie, the off season is not for you, and you might want to find out how the meals are during the summer season to make sure you get your money's worth.
I got a great deal , stayed for a short time and really enjoyed it.
There is very little privacy outside your own room, heimish atmosphere with frum ppl mulling around. Definitely very family friendly.

challenging

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 5:27 am
Thanks for all ur replies. I'll call later to see there prices.

doctorima

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 6:40 am
Glad to hear the pool is open. How does it work with both frum and non-frum clientele - do they have separate hours for men and women?

Last edited by doctorima on Tue, Jun 06 2017, 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 7:24 am
I've never been.

but it sounds like they are priced similar to the Raleigh or Chalet with much nicer accommodations. Is that true?

Adela

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 10:09 am
doctorima wrote:
Glad to hear the pool is open. How does it work with both frum and non-frum clientele - do they have separate hours for men and women?

There are separate hours for men, women & then for the general public.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 4:37 pm
The Arlington is not similar price as Chalet and Raleigh. No way
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics