Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Boys day camp for boy who doesn't want day camp?

markmywords

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:17 pm
I have a kid who went to camp who doesn't want to go back anymore.
He's young (lower elementary) and will twiddle the day away doing nonsense if he's home.
I can't fill his week productively. Where can I send him?
He's bored of the morning learning, afternoon sports, park and occasional swim schedule.
I think he needs and wants something different.
Any ideas??

watergirl

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:21 pm
markmywords wrote:
I have a kid who went to camp who doesn't want to go back anymore.
He's young (lower elementary) and will twiddle the day away doing nonsense if he's home.
I can't fill his week productively. Where can I send him?
He's bored of the morning learning, afternoon sports, park and occasional swim schedule.
I think he needs and wants something different.
Any ideas??

Anywhere in the world?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:25 pm
What our family had done is find some like-minded families, hired a young man to learn with them a couple hours, take them to a pool for an hour. If interested, a little ball or maybe woodworking, but very low key and inexpensive.

Whoops, I didn't read carefully enough - I was thinking my kid who just doesn't like crowds & rah rah. Yours might need something more targeted. What are his interests? Music, computers, etc? I know there are specialized camps for various interests, but not so likely frum ones. Still, you might be able to arrange a private group for a specialized interest.

markmywords

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:31 pm
NYC area.
He likes electronics, computers, and art and I think would enjoy more, if exposed.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 1:42 pm
look around for specialty camps. they usually run for a week, so he can try a few different specialties.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jun 07 2017, 2:41 pm
My son is 9 and very similar. Due to our financial situation this year, I decided to try keeping him home with his older sister and try to go on some day trips and also bake with them, take them to the library... I wouldn't have done it before, but hopefully we will have a nice summer in our own low key way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children