Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Wakes up crying until she makes

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 3:33 pm
My 2-year-old (almost 2.5) is definitely making progress in the toilet training parsha, and while I've gotten her to go on the toilet willingly, before pesach she was waking up dry and I would ask her if she wants to go to the toilet, and she willingly went. Since Pesach she's been waking up soaking wet or she's crying inconsolably, moody, refusing to do anything--but as soon as she 'goes' she's happy and cheerful, sometimes she will say yes to making on the toilet--but doesn't get it that she already went. Any suggestions?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:08 pm
Well, she obviously feels like she needs the bathroom and is not comfortable until she goes. My two year old does the same, so as soon as she calls me in the morning I take her out and bring her straight to the bathroom.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 08 2017, 6:42 pm
My toddler wakes up in middle of the night crying inconsolably but when asked if she needs the bathroom cries no. We noticed a pattern of her calming down as soon as she gets to use the bathroom (and when that happens we see that she truly does need to use the bathroom). So when she begins to cry, we just pick her up and bring her to the bathroom while speaking soothingly (because she cries and resists) and as soon as she starts using the bathroom she calms down. Afterwards we're able to tuck her back in and she's much happier BH.

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Jun 09 2017, 12:16 am
Is she constipated? Because my daughter does that forever because of her constipation. She's not toilet trained though. She's afraid to go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training