Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Molluscum Help Monsey

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 12:40 pm
I went to a few health food stores & no one had anything for it I heard of Mrs Wartsoff Red pills to rub on but I don't have a working contact number .. any one there knows someone local that can treat??

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 1:03 pm
struggling with this too. I read online that tea tree oil and iodine help. anyone tried this?

Lani22

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 1:20 pm
I tried the tea tree oil and it dried them out.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 1:39 pm
Molluscum is a virus. It will go away on its own.

Once you start trying to get rid of it, many other problems can come about, such as skin damage from various creams that are too harsh or contain steroids. Many people who played around with molluscum rue the day they tried to hurry up the body's healing, because molluscum was mild to what those children are suffering from today.

Even natural creams can be dangerous.

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 1:56 pm
I saw a dr. at Refua (Dr Geria), he said we (my 6 yr old daughter) should put on "differin." It's an otc cream....didn't work much. He is treating it now, every 2 weeks we go and he puts some kind of liquid on to dry them out. They bubble up and then pop and dry after a day. New ones keep popping out so we have to keep going back to treat them
He said it is extremely contagious and very common here in monsey. It should be treated as soon as possible to prevent spreading....
He did say it will eventually go away on it's own, but in the mean time can spread tremendously both on herself and others....
not sure what the best way to go about getting rid of them is but this is what I am doing now.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 2:02 pm
My kids had a case half a year ago. most of it healed and now it started all over again. I'm so careful not to share baths, towels, clothes. it's an endless battle and it's all over them.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 2:07 pm
My child's opthalmologist noticed some on my child's face, and she asked how I was treating it. I told her the Pediatrician felt we should let it run its course and not to do any damage. It's a mild case. The opthalmologist was concerned because she had seen issues where one shows up near the eye out eye lid and it becomes a problem. Her suggestion was to put clear nail polish on it twice a day. It would not treat it. But would prevent it from spreading and would hopefully clear up in a few weeks. I just started trying it, so I don't know how it will go. Also it may be hard for a more severe case. My child only had about a dozen or less at any given time.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 2:53 pm
I used Cetaphil anti bacterial bar soap it worked wonders.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 2:55 pm
amother wrote:
I used Cetaphil anti bacterial bar soap it worked wonders.

how did you use it? with a washcloth? rub over bumps?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 6:12 pm
Rub over bumps everyday in the shower

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 8:58 pm
I've been thru this as well. Take a small cotton ball and dip into apple cider vinegar. Put it on each one and cover with bandage. Within 2-3 days it will be gone.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 13 2017, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
I've been thru this as well. Take a small cotton ball and dip into apple cider vinegar. Put it on each one and cover with bandage. Within 2-3 days it will be gone.

Any apple cider vinegar or the organic one with the mother?

Queen18

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 1:43 pm
After hearing from others about scarring from doctors cutting them out and major spreading when they go untreated I looked for alternative options. I have had a lot of success using duct tape. You cover each pustule with a small piece of duct tape and keep it on for two days or so. When you take it off they seem to already be scabbing. When deprived of oxygen the virus dies. The mollusc dries up and scabs and goes away without scarring.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 2:04 pm
Queen18 wrote:
After hearing from others about scarring from doctors cutting them out and major spreading when they go untreated I looked for alternative options. I have had a lot of success using duct tape. You cover each pustule with a small piece of duct tape and keep it on for two days or so. When you take it off they seem to already be scabbing. When deprived of oxygen the virus dies. The mollusc dries up and scabs and goes away without scarring.

I put duct tape on the really big ones and it healed really nicely but it still took a few months. I had to keep replacing the tape cuz it got wet from bath. is that a problem? now in summer I cant put duct tape cuz it's be visible everywhere.

loveit

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 4:16 pm
It's contagious through water so we went to a dermatologist to treat them since after 6 months they still hadn't gone away, it can take a few years!!! Derm applied a blistering agent to each one once a month until the virus was gone. The idea behind the treatment is that by causing a blister it wakes up the immune system to start taking care of the molluscum. Molluscum is only on the surface of the skin and often the immune system doesn't notice it. With the blistering, the body takes note and will eventually start attacking the molluscum in its own. One of my children only needed two treatments, and he had a ton all over!! My others had less but required treatments. Every body responds differently.

I don't recommend waiting since it's summer and it's contagious
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics