Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Night training a four yr old

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Jun 14 2017, 10:38 am
My son is four and does not even wake up if he wets himself at night. I removed his diaper since he keeps making dirty in it when he goes to bed or wakes up instead of taking it off.
Any suggestions would help

Thanks

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 3:26 pm
What we did with some of our kids to avoid having to change everything every night but not get them too used to pull-ups--also one of my kids didn't like the feel of the wet pull-up, this only works well if your other kids (if applicable) won't tease him, but to wear underwear on top of his pj pants/shorts. Bedwetting at night can occur (and considered "normal) until a child is 6-7 years old. Its a hormonal issue that the brain is not getting the signal to hold it or wake up. Also make sure he goes to the bathroom RIGHT before bed, even if he went 15 minutes earlier.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 4:27 pm
No answers, I have a 5yo and a 7yo who are one moth into minarin/desmopressin. Since starting the medication, they have been more dry than wet.
But I know that we have a strong family history of bed wetting.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jun 15 2017, 5:19 pm
DC we're good sleepers in our family so we took them to the bathroom before we went to bed. We told them we'd do that to help them (and so they wouldn't panic if they woke up while in the toilet). They never really woke fully up, used the toilet, and got put back in bed. We did this till they were about 5.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training