Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
HELP!!!!!!! English speaking lice checking lady in Jerusalem
Previous  1  2

kalsee

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 1:36 am
Insomniac wrote:
I think her number is 537-LICE.

But like the other posters - you have to sit there while she checks your kid - so no time is being saved.

If this is your first time dealing with lice, it is worth the time to go and watch exactly what she does so it's not so overwhelming, and you'll feel more confident doing it yourself next time (and there will be a next time Confused )

salt

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 3:27 am
I don't understand. Can a lice-removing lady not miss one?
How does she know she's got them all, and all the tiny eggs?
Doesn't sound fool proof.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 3:49 am
Comb daily. Assy 2000 comb
If her hair is wet, then the bugs stay on the comb. if dry, they may fall. I always squish them with the back of my thumbnail.
If she is really infested and its been a long time, you may have tiny bugs that the comb can miss, especially if she has fine hair. those look like tan colored dots on her scalp. you will know its a bug if you scrape at it gently with your nail and it comes up easily.
For an immediate solution, cover every bit of hair in high fat mayonnaise. cover wioth a plastic shower cap for four hours. wash out her hair, nearly everything should slide off.
With any treatment, comb at least every other day until you are sure its gone. Always do once a week. Israelis are into rosemary oil as a prevention. I find the problem spots to be where its warmest, like right under the ponytail.

Teomima

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 4:03 am
I use coconut oil. Slather it in my kids hair, put on a movie so they'll stay still, and comb (Assy 2000) away. I do this daily till there are no more live bugs (usually 2-3 days) then every 5-7 days till the eggs are gone (it's almost impossible to catch all the eggs. Best you can do it catch them after they hatch but before they mature enough to lay eggs themselves). Don't bother with chemicals.

Kids aren't kept home here so its very easy to catch lice. Check her head daily when you brush it. Once my daughters' hair was long enough, I started putting it in braids every single day. Since then they've only caught lice twice, both during school vacations so their hair was down.

Oh, and check yourself and everyone else. I usually get it when my daughters do Sad

As others have said, this has NOTHING to do with cleanliness. But do tell the gannenat so she can tell the other parents to check (she'll keep your anonymity).

devoraha

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 6:07 am
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know that if you're still in need theres a great professional lice removal service in Jerusalem. It's a one time, all natural treatment guaranteed clean. You can call them to schedule for lice checks/ combout removal treatment. Highly recommend!!!

058-692-8371

Licebusters Jerusalem

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 6:59 pm
My tips:
you can burn the lice with a blow dryer. It kills them if it's really hot. As in, scorching. MY mother used to do that (I grew up in Israel) and my siblings had no problem but I was too sensitive and couldn't stand it.
But a foolproof method* is to use vinegar. Put vinegar in a spray bottle, spray her hair with it and put on a bag. The lice suffocate. Leave the bag on for 20 minutes and wash her hair out. Most of the lice falls out while washing. (dead lice don't stick). comb to get out the rest.
And another vote for Assy2000.Don't try using anything else.

*and here my mind jumps to Douglas Adams' quote: “A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics