Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Storing kids clothing
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 7:13 am
GAMZu wrote:
And I don't think anyone stores baby clothes for 20-30 years... (I.e. from 1980's till now.)

well when my baby was born she offered me some of my husbands baby clothes. and yes they were from the 80s!!!

anon bc I dont want to embarrass any of my relatives...

amother

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 7:15 am
amother wrote:
GAMZu wrote:
And I don't think anyone stores baby clothes for 20-30 years... (I.e. from 1980's till now.)

well when my baby was born she offered me some of my husbands baby clothes. and yes they were from the 80s!!!

sorry she is my mil. forgot that part.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 11:28 am
amother wrote:
GAMZu wrote:

this is really funny bc last night my mil offered me a knitted jacket for my baby. she said someone gave it to her when either my husband was born (23 yrs ago) or his younger brother(18 yrs ago). um hello?!?!?!

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 5:31 pm
So what's wrong with that? There are many pretty clothes from that era. Many are classics. The ones with the bright clashing colors were "in style" so if you don't shop by style but by class, you won't have outdated clothes. My 3 year old wears my old sweaters.

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 6:16 pm
yup...it's called vintage LOL

I gave lots of DD's clothes away and kept the better stuff, and I am glad I did. Even now, as I start looking through the 'inventory' in case this baby iy'h is a girl, they don't look as good as they did 2 years ago...and I don;t have such high standards-I don't even walk into the pricier children's shops. Twisted Evil

I agree with mumoo....After a few years pass by, the cheaper, trendy stuff kids wear just doesnt look as good. Classics, though, are the exception.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 7:27 pm
I buy mostly classic.

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 10 2007, 6:46 am
make sure that there aren't any spit up stains on the clothes before you store them, because they turn yellow and are hard to get out, I did read somewhere that alka seltzer tablets could get the stains out. I never tried this out though.
how long do people save clothes for? if I continue this I won't have room any where!

CAYA

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 12:42 pm
I gave away all my baby clothes for the time being, when I'll imh have another one and if it will be a boy I'll just take 'em back....some things do go out of style and I might have five girls in a row. so why not have someone enjoying my cute baby stuff while still in style?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics