Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Giving away cat - how to prepare kids

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 9:13 am
We have alot going on and are unable to give her the time/attention she deserves. Although its hard giving her up, I found her a great family and know it will be better for her like this.

My question is how do I best prepare my kids (preschool age). Do I have them say goodbye before school? Is it better if they actually see the owner take her? Do I make a big deal before - have them take pictures with her and ect or will that make it worse?

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 9:45 am
I've seen both schools of thought. I wish I could tell you which works better.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 10:33 am
A little goodbye party?

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:11 am
I would have them say goodbye and tell them in advance what will happen. Why not? It's always better to be upfront with difficult situations so people can share their feelings instead of repressing them. They're attached to her and they'll miss her.

Also, is it possible they'll be able to visit the cat sometimes? Even if only once? Because then you can reassure them that they'll be able to see the cat again.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jun 29 2017, 11:37 am
I'm just curious: How much attention and time do you think a cat needs? Cats are largely animals that don't need constant stimulation and walks, etc.

Cats like to lie around, play with a few toys, and cuddle every now and again.

As long as you are feeding her and supply her with toys and a lap every now and again, I'm sure the cat will be happy.

The kids, however, will be deeply hurt to lose their pet. It's something that stays with a kid for life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets