Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Doona stroller???

rovacat

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:43 am
Do you have the new doona stroller? It's the car seat that has wheels attached and turns into a stroller. Basically like a snap m go but one piece. I'm considering getting it instead of a snap m go or carseat attachment with an infant seat.
It looks super convenient and easy. Just curious to hear from people who have actually used it.

cinnamon

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:03 am
I love it! It's easy to fold and saves on trunk space.
Only thing is you have to make sure threre's enough room to get it out of the car.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:06 am
I Love mine it's a little more difficult to attach to base in the car then my regular car seat but it's not bad. I would recommend it to everyone it pushes really well I do wish there was a bigger bag or basket but besides that I have nothing bad to say about it best purchase I made.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:12 am
Love it!!!! Have used it up untill recently. Cleaned it for my next one (due any day). So easy to use, no holding baby and folding stroller etc. I did buy the basket bag that attaches to the back, and the diaper bag(smaller size one), as well as the bug net and rain cover.

It's extremely lightweight when it's a stroller, but does get a bit heavy as a car seat. But that's only those few seconds it takes to lift and put into car.

Reesa

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:45 am
It's difficult to put into a shopping cart because it's very large. if you do most of the shopping consider this challenge.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 9:48 am
Reesa wrote:
It's difficult to put into a shopping cart because it's very large. if you do most of the shopping consider this challenge.

It has wheels for this reason, no need to put into cart, you just wheel it near your cart. And it's not as large as you make it seem. Some infants seats are the same size.

Pinny

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 10:07 am
Can everyone remember one thing about this great Doona?? It's a car seat on wheels. Please do not call it a stroller or use it as a carriage - the position is not a great one to leave a baby in for long periods of time (like overnight) and such.....

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:39 am
Pinny wrote:
Can everyone remember one thing about this great Doona?? It's a car seat on wheels. Please do not call it a stroller or use it as a carriage - the position is not a great one to leave a baby in for long periods of time (like overnight) and such.....

While I agree that strollers are not for overnight, I disagree with you on the position. We all know that it's actually good for most babies, especially those with reflux to sleep in an elevated position, such as in a car seat. Many drs even reccomend that.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:42 am
yksraya wrote:
While I agree that strollers are not for overnight, I disagree with you on the position. We all know that it's actually good for most babies, especially those with reflux to sleep in an elevated position, such as in a car seat. Many drs even reccomend that.

Funny. I was told car seats are bad for reflux because they put pressure on the stomach in an uncomfortable way. May newborn with reflux hates the car seat

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:44 am
yksraya wrote:

An infant (who by definition has poor head control) can easily fall into a position that causes the airway to be constricted, limiting the flow of oxygen. This is not healthy, obviously. Sleeping on a flat surface that allows for elevation is completely different from sleeping in a car seat, which is a seat and lends itself to curling up- with the head often flopping forward.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:46 am
I remember one of my kids only slept in a car seat. My mother drove me nuts to ask my pediatrician if it's OK. She had hundred reasons why it's not good for the baby. When I asked him (hes a very very popular Dr where I live) he's response was "if she's comfortable she can sleep like this till she's 120".

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
An infant (who by definition has poor head control) can easily fall into a position that causes the airway to be constricted, limiting the flow of oxygen. This is not healthy, obviously. Sleeping on a flat surface that allows for elevation is completely different from sleeping in a car seat, which is a seat and lends itself to curling up- with the head often flopping forward.

The doona stroller does have an infant insert that prevents that from happening. I do use a moses basket for nights tho, I don't like using strollers/infant seats for overnight. But for daytime shopping trips etc, a car seat is just fine. And I do use the doona as a stroller, same way I used to use a snap n go for my older kids.

And btw, thanx for the reminder to put the infant insert into the doona, need it for any day now iyh.

bsy

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:00 pm
Just pointing out....my baby HATED the car seat. I had a regular snap n go and she screamed in it no matter what. I was glad I didn't spend 500 on a doona that she would've hated...I only used a full size stroller for her.

ramateshkolmom

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 12:51 pm
I love love love love it! I didnt keep y baby in it all day because of what people say how that position isnt great, but I used it as my main carriage! great wheels, baby loved it and I never had to carry it.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 1:47 pm
Has anyone purchased it from aliexpress? Is it the same quality there? Looks exact the same but I'm wondering if it is

cnc

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
Has anyone purchased it from aliexpress? Is it the same quality there? Looks exact the same but I'm wondering if it is

I would not purchase a carriage from China. It's very likely that it doesn't meet safety standards. ( they may use cheaper materials / a design that's less time consuming etc)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 1:55 pm
cnc wrote:
I would not purchase a carriage from China. It's very likely that it doesn't meet safety standards. ( they may use cheaper materials / a design that's less time consuming etc)

This. A stroller can be dangerous for a baby. Even more so a car seat.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:32 pm
Considering buying the doona -
Is it heavy to carry up and down steps?

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:37 pm
amother wrote:
Considering buying the doona -
Is it heavy to carry up and down steps?

I wheel it up and down. I only lift it at the car to put it in. It's a little heavier then a regular infant seat. But when wheels are down, it's extremely lightweight and goes up and down stairs easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics