Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Bread and Tears: A Story about Organization...

mimivan

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:50 pm
I just had to write about my day...does it a) sound like something you've experienced b) sound like a point about how organization can save our lives and relationships or c) sound like a pointless guilt trip...

Because I forgot to buy bread last night .... I had to buy bread in the morning for my son's sandwich
Because I had to buy bread in the morning for my son's sandwich ... We missed the van to gan
Because we missed the van to gan .... I had to take my son to gan ona bus
Because I had to take my son to gan on a bus....I was late starting work
Because I was late starting work... I had to work over-time
Because I had to work overtime ... I couldn't play with my son when he came home from gan

Because I couldn't play with my son when he came home from gan .... he was disappointed and wanted my attention

Because he was disapointed and wanted my attention... he hit the baby on the head with his toy tractor
Because he hit the baby on the head with his tractor ... I took the tractor away

Because I took the tractor away.... he cried.
He cried and he cried, both boys were crying, both boys were crying...because I forgot to buy bread last night..

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:55 pm
please don't be so hard on yourself Sad
you do what you can, and that's it. It's normal to forget things. Sometimes children will be disappointed and you did the right thing by dealing with the behaviour and not ignoring. Tomorrow will be another day and they will have forgotten. Even if you don't forget, please forgive yourself.

mimivan

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:58 pm
Oh, I'm not mad at myself at all, I just kind of noticed how forgetting one thing can lead to a whole chain of events and affect our lives...It wasn't really meant to be such a downer (although it may read that way) but maybe a sign that I should be more organized.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:04 pm
mimivan wrote:
Oh, I'm not mad at myself at all, I just kind of noticed how forgetting one thing can lead to a whole chain of events and affect our lives...It wasn't really meant to be such a downer (although it may read that way) but maybe a sign that I should be more organized.

great to hear Very Happy

Mommastuff

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:08 pm
maybe keep some bread in the freezer Wink

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 1:28 pm
This was hilarious...it's the little things in life...

Motek

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:12 pm
oy mimivan! Sad

newmom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 3:57 pm
A rice cake sandwich?

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 4:16 pm
I was waiting for a final line going something like:
Because both kids were crying, I was so busy trying to calm them down, that I forgot I had to buy milk for their breakfast the next morning..... Twisted Evil

lWell....Life's like that. Please dont be hard on yourself. You are juggling an amazing workload and you sound like you are a great parent. Give yourself a break... Salut Colors Smile

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 5:11 pm
mimivan, didn't you say you work from home? is this even real?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics