Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
English music

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:46 pm
I am looking for spiritual songs in ENGLISH. I really connect to music but don't connect to words in Hebrew I don't understand (BT). Half Hebrew half English is fine but the more English the better.

Can anyone name bands or CD suggestions?

singleagain

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:49 pm
I've always liked Abie Rotenberg's Joruneys and Eli Nathan's Destiny albums

I will think of more

married123

Post Mon, Jul 17 2017, 6:50 pm
Nechama cohen has some great songs. I listen to them on YouTube... but she may have a cd
Avrom fried, mbd. I belive there's a similar thread from abt a yr ago. Check it out

little_mage

Post Tue, Jul 18 2017, 11:29 am
I loved Debbie Friedman growing up. Her songs are about half in English, half Hebrew. The one thing that slightly bothers me about them as an adult is a use of Hashem's name. You're actually probably already familiar with some of her work; for example, the Mi Sheberach that just about every Reform congregation I went to growing up used was written by her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts