Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Tzittzit while potty training?

SRB

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 8:43 pm
I recently started potty training my 3.5 year old son. I also need to get him used to wearing tzittzit everyday... but I'm afraid the fringes will get fall in the potty and get dirty Confused He holds on to the side of the (big potty) seat so I don't think he can hold up the fridges. I'm wondering how other mothers handle this?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 8:46 pm
Pull them to the front and sort of roll unser together with the shirt.

baltomom

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:02 pm
Have him take a break from wearing tzitzis until he's fully trained. Once he's competent and comfortable using the bathroom you can teach him how to hold the tzitzis out of the way.

SRB

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:10 pm
I'm inclined to take a break from the tzittzit while training as suggested above but wondering if there is another (better) way or what most moms do. I'm not with him every time he goes (I.e. at camp) so I can't rely on holding them for him or tucking them in his shirt.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:11 pm
You need to teach him how to roll it under so he can do it on his own. How many times a day is he sitting anyway?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 9:36 pm
For little boys I tie the two sides together into a bow...

SRB

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:13 pm
He's just learning and there is already a lot for him to navigate while trying to get on the potty. Tying the fringes in a bow on the side sounds like a good idea. Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 2:17 am
Does he do it standing up? One hand holds the tzitzis to the side, the other holds his shirt. DS has had no problem. He's almost 3.5 and has been potty trained for about eight months.
He makes #2 on a toddler seat on the toilet. He holds all the tzitzis in front.
We've impressed on him from the beginning that tzitzis are Kaddosh so we have to keep them clean and dry. One of the steps is holding them.
Stand on the stool. Lower pats and underwear. Find and hold tzitzis. Lift shirt. Go.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 2:46 am
My ds didn't get tzitzis till he was fully trained, period.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 5:15 am
Until fully trained, I send a pair of tzitzis to school for them to wear during davening but then they take it off. Once trained, they can wear it all day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training