Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Narrow hallway - double stroller

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:06 pm
I live in a two family house with a very narrow hallway. I live upstairs. When you walk in, the door to the downstairs apt is on the left and then a narrow pathway to the steps. I store my single stroller at the bottom of the steps folded. Sometimes we don't fold it. It basically makes the walkway extremely narrow.

I am expecting another child and I'm not sure if there are any doubles that will fit.

Is anyone in a similar situation?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:14 pm
The Mountain buggy double stroller will likely be suitable for you - the frame is as narrow as most single strollers.

country

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 8:20 pm
I have a very narrow hallway too. I too was debating between the mountain buggy duet and citi mini. I ended up with citi mini GT and I love it. The mountain buggy is narrower when opened but the citi mini folds much easier and when its folded it takes up less room then the mountain buggy folded. Also the mountain buggy duet seat is very narrow so once a kids gets a little bigger they are not comfortable the citi mini seat is alot roomier.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 9:05 pm
Get a tandem, not a side by side. And FOLD the drafted thing. Look for a model that folds easily with one hand.

little_mage

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:35 am
I'm going to suggest something slightly drastic and out of the box-don't get a double. Get a good baby carrier, and wear the baby and push the older kid in the stroller. That's what I did for the first two and a half years, and really, the only reason we stopped that was because I couldn't wear the younger one when I got pregnant with my third.

miami85

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 10:55 am
I had a similar issue and I got a Britax b-ready. I LOVE this stroller. Its not super heavy, my kids never made an issue about sitting on the bottom, it can accommodate a car seat on the bottom as well--with an adapter. It can fold with the 2nd seat still attached

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 11:52 am
I have the mountain buggy duet - it was the narrowest side to side when I bought it.
It just about fits through my door.
Seats are very narrow. I remind the older child to keep hands and feet in the carriage.
Also find it difficult to raise/lower the seats....
I would get it again ONLY if nothing better fits through the door
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics