Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Toddler loves shul

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:17 pm
Recently-turned-2 absolutely loves going to shul with dh on Shabbos. She goes with him for Kabbalat Shabbat (I do too in the winter, but we've been taking Shabbos early since Pesach) and Shabbos morning, sometimes for more or less but usually through Torah reading or so. She especially loves getting to kiss the sefer Torah and will excitedly tell me if there were two to kiss. Dh loves this, too- his (probable, undiagnosed) ADD makes it hard for him to sit in shul on his own for long but he's able to if he's concentrated on keeping her quiet.

She's been asking for the potty and really asking for the underpants she knows I got her, and today she actually peed in the potty successfully twice in a row in the late afternoon so she got to wear her new underwear for a couple of hours before bed. Theoretically, dh is home for the next two days which would make it a good time to try the 3-day method were it not for her missing shul. Sad Any advice? If she is successful all day with the potty tomorrow, could he risk shul (possibly in the lobby) with her Shabbos morning? #2 she does pretty predictably, not at shul hours. I've cared for toddlers in a group setting before but I don't remember what to expect in terms of accident frequency and when it's ok to take them out in public again, particularly indoors.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:35 pm
DD was totally ready at 2+2mo. I waited a month till Chanukah break since her morah said three days home. I put underwear on her and after a couple of reminders, she was done!
Others have taken longer.
Does she ask to go? Does she know with much advance warning?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:37 pm
I don't see the big deal in her missing shul one week.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:44 pm
Iymnok wrote:
DD was totally ready at 2+2mo. I waited a month till Chanukah break since her morah said three days home. I put underwear on her and after a couple of reminders, she was done!
Others have taken longer.
Does she ask to go? Does she know with much advance warning?

She's home with me anyways, so it's more a matter of when I have a backup adult here to help with the start. Really, any Friday+Shabbos would be the ideal time, except for shul.

She has been asking to go, though that may have to do with wanting to see certain reading materials I keep in the bathroom (a home design magazine, mostly) and play with her rubber duck that doesn't leave the bathroom. Today she was running around in just a hooded towel after dinner and I don't remember the specifics but she suddenly understood she needed to go, I asked if she needed to, and I told her to go to the potty when she said yes. Success then and then again before bed about an hour later! I'm hoping this continues tomorrow. She normally does #2 right around when she wakes up from her nap, either just as she's waking up or within half an hour after. I don't know when is appropriate to try shul as far as accident rate since dirty diapers haven't impeded shul-going in a while.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 3:45 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I don't see the big deal in her missing shul one week.

So expect that next week may be ok already?

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jul 27 2017, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
So expect that next week may be ok already?

See how the week goes and then make that judgement
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training