Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Gan yisroel boys school in boro park

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:38 am
hi please if anyone has any info at all about this school I would really appreciate it! please help me out!

Last edited by amother on Fri, Jul 28 2017, 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:00 pm
It's a school for boys from Chassidishe "friends of Lubavitch" families in Boro Park. Its a 100% yiddish speaking school. Let me know if you have any more questions.

mfb

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:08 pm
What do you want to know?

Lovemykids1

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:17 pm
hi op here, thank you for your response. I would like to know how the learning is there? what type of boys go there? is it a well runned school?

mfb

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:37 pm
I would say its neutral chassidish yiddish speaking. The level is not very high as far as I know.

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 1:48 pm
The staff is very warm and caring. The level of learning is above average for boro park.

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:08 pm
If you want a REALLY GOOD and open minded yiddish speaking boys school in boro park, Mevakshei Hashem is the place for you. I have friends who sent kids there and they can't stop speaking good things about that yeshiva.

mfb

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 2:09 pm
perseverance613 wrote:
If you want a REALLY GOOD and open minded yiddish speaking boys school in boro park, Mevakshei Hashem is the place for you. I have friends who sent kids there and they can't stop speaking good things about that yeshiva.

I heard that also, but I also heard its almost impossible to get in now.

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 3:37 pm
mfb wrote:
I heard that also, but I also heard its almost impossible to get in now.

It's very possible to get in. All you have to do is try.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Feb 12 2016, 3:09 pm
Bump

I would like to know if GY is specifically / equipped to deal with boys that have special ed services?
My son has behaviorall issues but is bright..is the school open to or equipped to dealing with that?

debbie321

Post Sat, Feb 13 2016, 6:57 pm
I once worked in the GY preschool. They have many therapists that come into the building,and are ok with students who need special ed services

Lovemykids1

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 10:56 am
is it very special needs based? would a smart mainstream child fit in there?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 11:11 am
Lovemykids1 wrote:
is it very special needs based? would a smart mainstream child fit in there?

No, it's not very special needs based. Yes, a smart mainstream child would do very well there. I think only 10% or less of the children have special needs.

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 01 2016, 11:20 am
It is not special needs based but I did hear that it has a low level of learning. I am not sure why but basically every single person I ask about this school say the same thing. Even people who send their kids there.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 28 2017, 2:12 am
GY is an amazing cheder! I have my boys there and couldn't be happier! It's a beautiful clientele and they have a great Hebrew Yiddish program. English department is awful, but I guess like any other boro park cheder. The classes are really small so the boys get a lot of attention . It's a normal school with normal boys, not in the slightest bit special Ed. Just small classes so someone that cant find his place in a class of 30 boys would do better in GY with only 15-18 boys in the class.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating