Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wig Grip

mc

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 12:14 am
My sheital is always falling back on my head. Someone suggested a wig grip. Any suggestions on what kind to buy? How exactly do I use it? Do they really work?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 12:18 am
Are the adjustable straps at the back of the wig tightened to size?
This is the wig grip.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....psc=1

lucky14

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 2:26 am
Yes they really work!!!! (at least for me). I got mine from the lady who sold me my sheitel, I don't know about different brands.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 4:26 am
I made my own.
They work, I just can't stand an extra thing on my head, so I'll adjust my wig a million times rather than use one.

cm

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 6:47 am
The Wigrip is a very thin velour headband. So thin, it adds no bulk. I have never seen anything like it. My wig sticks to it beautifully and doesn't budge. It's great - no more wig clips! I can't stand hardware on my head, pulling at my hair and scalp.

It might help, but also check and make sure your wig cap is not too big. There is usually some means to adjust it; a drawstring somewhere around the edge. If not, or if it's tricky to do, ask your sheital macher.

sleepybeauty

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 8:24 am
I have tried a few brands and I like the wrapunzel one best. It's also cheaper than the others I've tried.
https://www.wrapunzel.com/stor.....band/

mc

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 10:51 am
Thanks ! I definitely want to buy one now!
Anyone tried GEX brand? It's about half the price of Milano on Amazon

TeachersNotebook

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 12:00 pm
I haven't tried GEX. I've used Milano, Wrapunzel, and whatever they sell at Legaacy (in Flatbush/online). They are amazing and work perfectly! A few tips:

Make sure you put it on right. If you put it on backwards, it will actually help your wig fall off, instead of keeping it on.
Wash it if it starts to lose it's grip, or every 6-8 weeks. The forums I've seen are divided about whether putting it in the dryer helps or not (vs. line drying), so figure out what works for you. You'll also probably have to replace it every year or a little sooner. When I get a new wig grip, I marvel at how I've forgotten how amazing their grip can be! Very Happy

JenniferK

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 12:29 pm
I use this

https://www.amazon.com/eBoot-V.....+band

smilethere1

Post Mon, Aug 07 2017, 12:40 pm
I cant wear a wig without it. I love mine I use the younique ones sold at local hosiery store
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels