Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How to get rid of bugs when you have a baby

jba

Post Sun, Jul 29 2007, 8:51 am
we just got back from a trip and our house has tons of ants, also a variety of other small bugs I can't identify. dd crawls around and on more than one occasion I have seen her try to pick up an and and crush it in her fingers (she's in the exploring stage). Can I get an exterminator? Isn't that dangerous for her too? any advice is welcome.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Aug 05 2007, 11:52 am
even natural cures are not nec. safe for a crawling baby. have you googled your problem?

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 05 2007, 12:11 pm
spray the circumference of your house outside so that cannot get in ... as for the ones inside already ... send them packing ...

chen

Post Sun, Aug 05 2007, 9:18 pm
use ant and roach traps but place them where baby can't get to them. DO NOT apply pesticides.
I started using Combat traps (Raid for Pesach b/c Combat has chometz) when pg the first time and haven't looked back.

try repelling the critters with bay leaves or mint leaves. Supposedly ants will not cross a chalk line, so you can draw chalk lines near the entry point to the house if you can find it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics