Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Should I just give up? really stuck!

zoom

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:18 pm
My son is just 3 and is totally fine to make on the toilet. Hes also totally fine with Making on the floor or in his underwear! its now day 5 of toilet training and I don't think he has ever told me he needs the toilet. when he is making on the floor he doesn't even call me, unless he is wearing clothes and they get wet.(I have been keeping hIm with nothIng on for some time) otherwise he seems totally not bothered to have an accident. I am usually the one to notice it, not him
he loves going on the toilet though, he has no problem making when I tell him its time to go, but he will never say I need to go and then hold it in. I really don't know what to do...im going crazy stuck in with him all day but I don't know if another day or two would make a difference...I totally thought he was ready because of his readiness to go on the toilet and make but now I really don't know what to do...
any advice pleae...???

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:53 pm
I couldv written this post! By me its my dd. I hav several other children so I would think I know the ropes!. She just doesnt care either way. I stopped training her. She's old enough to know she shouldn't and I'm concerned itl affect her self esteem. Lets face it- its hard not to feel frusterated when it's busy hour and u find **** all over the place! I just let it go. I'm assuming eventually she'll want to on her own...

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 3:55 pm
What are you using to motivate him?

zoom

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 5:10 pm
he gets a nice treat every time he goes and often I give him a bigger one.
im just wondering if theres any point carrying on..
does it not say something that by day 5 he still is not bothered to make on the floor and never once says I need and catches it??!!!

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 5:27 pm
If you don't need him trained now for any reason, feel free to stop and start again another time. If you do need him to be trained for school or whatever, you might need better motivators.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 5:32 pm
Stop and you'll start again in a few weeks

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 7:40 pm
I could gave written this post too not long ago. I started training my son at the end of last summer shortly after he turned 3. It took a year. I even had him in underwear after winter vacation for a bit but I couldn't handle him not telling me when he needed to go and all the accidents especially the number 2 accidents. Finally at the beginning of summer vacation we tried again (probably fpr tge 4th time...) and BH he got it. He still needs lots of reminders but he is holding it in much better the accidents are few and far between and he makes number 2 in the toilet now! In fact in all 6 weeks of camp he has not had a single accident!
So yes my advice would be to stop and try again. I totally get you was pretty frustrating at times and choosing to stop was always the right thing and BH he got it in his own time shortly after turning 4.

farina

Post Tue, Aug 08 2017, 8:03 pm
Based on my past experiences (trained six children) if they can't tell u they need to go then that's not really ready enough.if I were you id stop and wait a few more months till je starts asking.if he's ready it will sort of happen on its own.its worth waiting then I won't b dealing w accidents,.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training