Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How can I teach my first child to use a toilet?

רות בת שרה

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 4:46 pm
I have a hard time to get my child to learn use a toilet. He is already a 3 year and 8 month old and he still can't be even an 1h without diaper without making on the floor. He has no decire to go or to learn. I've been trying teach so many ways. First I tried taking the diapers finally away, but constantly floor cleaning made me crazy and I've also tried candy. It lasted for a while, but it comes too expensive to buy all the time (and unhealthy) candy, and then interesting stops.

Debbig

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 5:30 pm
I know exactly how frustrating it is!! My son was also over 3. I read the book toilet training in less then a day. I did exactly what the book says & in less then a day he was trained.

siyata dishmaya

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 8:53 pm
yay! where can I get this book? name?

Debbig

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 9:27 pm
siyata dishmaya wrote:
yay! where can I get this book? name?

The title is Toilet Training In Less Then A Day. Amozon has it.

momofone613

Post Wed, Aug 09 2017, 10:47 pm
Thank you! I needed this too for my child! I found that they had it at my library 😊

רות בת שרה

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 2:53 am
Thanks so much for a tip! I try to get a book from somewhere. 😊 It's just harmful, because we don't have extra money, because we juice made Aliyah to Israel.

myname1

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:16 am
Do you take him to try every hour, or just wait for him to go himself? Maybe try taking him youself. You can also try making a sticker chart with 10 or 20 squares, and give him a sticker each time. Then when all the squares are filled, give a candy or other small prize. That way it's still a reward but not as often. Or give him a candy if he stays dry or uses the toilet the whole day or something. Good luck!

רות בת שרה

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:26 am
I trie few times a day and sometimes I jump days of. This is because my both children are at home 24/7 and I'm usually really tired and now also my younger child (2 year and 3months) has got interesting to go to the toilet when she sees her bigger brother to go there.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:33 am
I have the book. I used it for my fourth kid. It's a real difference.

myname1

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:36 am
I'm in a very similar situation. I found that when I left him to go himself, I got puddles when he was tired or busy with something. So now I take him every hour to try. It could be your younger one will also encourage the older one if you give her a lot of praise and encouragement about being a "big girl." If he doesn't want to come try even when you take him, you could try doing something like reading a special book to him there. Or some other bribe like a trip to the park if he goes nicely all morning. Diapers are just easier, so if you want him to be interested in using the toilet, I think you need some kind of reward to get his interest.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 3:45 am
Every time he tries give him one chocolate chip. If he produces, two.
Does he stand or sit? My sons liked standing since they could watch. My older son got excited, "I made a splash!"

רות בת שרה

Post Thu, Aug 10 2017, 4:16 am
I have to put them more often

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 1:45 am
I'm in same situation. Would anyone mind sharing in a few sentences what's the trick of the book????

Debbig

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 6:41 am
3232 wrote:
I'm in same situation. Would anyone mind sharing in a few sentences what's the trick of the book????

It's hard to condense it to a few sentences. It's a cheap paperback book. It's a great investment. If you don't want to buy see if your local library has a copy you can borrow.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 7:23 am
I've never heard of books for something people always did... Bribe with something else if candies don't work. Maybe a big gift if no accident for _____

Iymnok

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 7:29 am
This method teaches the kid to be responsible for himself. He pulls his pants up and down himself, he changes his wet undies, he is encouraged to go every 15 minutes and given lots of juice so that there is a high chance of success within the first couple hours. A chocolate chip or winky for every attempt. Only positive encouragement.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training