Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Infant car seat

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 1:27 pm
It's time for a new infant car seat! Baby is due soon and my infant seat expired.
I'm getting lost with amazon reviews.
Any suggestions?
My price range ,I guess , $200-$300?
I'm not looking to buy a doona.

purple 1

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 1:31 pm
The Chico keyfit 30 is very good - it has high reviews and considered very safe

pesek zman

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 2:00 pm
We were happy with our Graco Classic connect and it was inexpensive too

MommyM

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 2:08 pm
pesek zman wrote:
We were happy with our Graco Classic connect and it was inexpensive too

We have graco too but the click connect, which I believe is their newer type. It is great, comfy, and safe.
You may want to look into getting one that goes up to 30, 35, or even 40 lbs to keep your baby in there longer, but one more about the 40 lbs one is that it is actually bigger and may take up too much room in your car.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 2:30 pm
Thank you for the answers!
We are talking about good old gracos and chicos. I've spoken about with a few acquaintances, and they were suggesting like nuna pipa, cybex, peg perego, but they are a fortune!are they worth the money?
I moved from Brooklyn to Lakewood and I'm everyday in the car,if that makes a difference.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 2:39 pm
I love my maxi cosi mico. It's so much lighter and less bulky than the graco.

nicole81

Post Fri, Aug 11 2017, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
I love my maxi cosi mico. It's so much lighter and less bulky than the graco.

I agree with this but one thing is I don't like how it fit into my stroller frame. If you're going to be popping any carseat it into a stroller frame, try to test the fit because even with the make-and-model specific adapters, I didn't love it.

MommyM

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for the answers!
We are talking about good old gracos and chicos. I've spoken about with a few acquaintances, and they were suggesting like nuna pipa, cybex, peg perego, but they are a fortune!are they worth the money?
I moved from Brooklyn to Lakewood and I'm everyday in the car,if that makes a difference.

I never compared those brands, so I can't tell you if there's a difference, and if they are worth it, but my mother has used the Graco on a daily basis in the car for long periods of time, and it was fine and comfortable.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 6:57 pm
(The Maxi Cosi Mico is 8 lbs, the Graco depending on model is 7-7.5 lbs, as long as it's not the 40 lb one....so not sure how it's lighter than the Graco.)

pesek zman

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 7:23 pm
MommyM wrote:
We have graco too but the click connect, which I believe is their newer type. It is great, comfy, and safe.
You may want to look into getting one that goes up to 30, 35, or even 40 lbs to keep your baby in there longer, but one more about the 40 lbs one is that it is actually bigger and may take up too much room in your car.

I found that my baby outgrew it with her height way although she was way under in weight

seeker

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 8:45 pm
pesek zman wrote:
I found that my baby outgrew it with her height way although she was way under in weight

Most babies will outgrow most infant seats by height well before weight, IME.

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 9:01 pm
seeker wrote:

The WHO growth charts concur!

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 9:09 pm
I love my maxi cosi mico.
I use the kaia as my travel stroller; its the same frame as maxi taxi, but with a seat.

pesek zman

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 9:47 pm
seeker wrote:

Right, which is why I don't understand why someone would buy an infant car seat that can hold up to 40 lb since their child would most likely outgrow it by height well before that[b]

MommyM

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 9:54 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Right, which is why I don't understand why someone would buy an infant car seat that can hold up to 40 lb since their child would most likely outgrow it by height well before that[b]

The 40 lb one is actually made to hold a longer infant which is why it takes up more room in the car.

amother
Emerald

Post Sat, Aug 12 2017, 10:01 pm
pesek zman wrote:

You get 35 inches which is an improvement over the 30lb ones which typically only give you 30 inches. and the growth between 30in to 35in takes about a year. I agree the 40 lb is basically irrelevant.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 5:47 am
Please keep in mind they out grow it by one of the following, whichever comes FIRST! They need at least an inch of room above theor head, reached the height limit Or reached weight limit.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Aug 13 2017, 7:01 am
The 40 lb one is good in 2 scenarios:
1) You don't own a car and take taxis and would be able to use a snap n go longer instead of figuring out how to transport a car seat and a baby separately.
2) You have a very narrow seat to put in the infant seat (like in a 3 across) and it fits -- this will get you lasting longer without needing to get a minivan.

Otherwise, it's a space hog, much heavier, more expensive and you won't end up using it to its fullest potential (leaving it in the car when you don't need it to be an infant seat, and can have a convertible instead is NOT its fullest potential!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics