Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
New Organization/Support Group
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:02 pm
One question I have for all of you that can relate, how long does it take to join society again and be interested in recipes and baby carriages? Wink

amother
Green

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:13 pm
amother wrote:
One question I have for all of you that can relate, how long does it take to join society again and be interested in recipes and baby carriages? Wink

Hey Smile right now! what carriage do you get to accommodate a baby that wants to go on a stroll with mom but needs to bring along pulse ox, suction machine, O2 tank, feeding pump and lots and lots of medical supplies Smile.

The bugaboo donkey? right? any sponsors!?!?!

And I need recipes too- whats the recipe to be well rested when coming and going from the hospital:)?

(if you can tell, I'm trying to keep my sense of humor. it gets tested on nurses and my (new bff's) fellow NICU neighbors (Filipino and Muslim)

siyata dishmaya

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:18 pm
Wow! Amazed at your sense of humor through it all!! Keep it up! Maybe we can meet up in the hospital? May I ask which one you are at?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:25 pm
amother wrote:
Hey Smile right now! what carriage do you get to accommodate a baby that wants to go on a stroll with mom but needs to bring along pulse ox, suction machine, O2 tank, feeding pump and lots and lots of medical supplies Smile.

The bugaboo donkey? right? any sponsors!?!?!

And I need recipes too- whats the recipe to be well rested when coming and going from the hospital:)?

(if you can tell, I'm trying to keep my sense of humor. it gets tested on nurses and my (new bff's) fellow NICU neighbors (Filipino and Muslim)

My friend does it with a bugaboo bee, believe it or not. She has those exact same machines/supplies. Kid is older though so that might make a difference.

siyata dishmaya

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:05 pm
****UPDATE****
Services will include, by not limited to:
*phone line to call for medical advice and emotional guidance
*a packet when one hears of the initial diagnoses
*doctor referrals as well as help getting appointments and insurance
*support groups sub divided into categories so people can relate to one another.
*and if I dream big, a shiduch network center.

Firstly, we need to work on funding. (please be in touch by emailing PMing me if you can help out in this way)
I hope to get the support group off the ground asap as there is a desperate need...

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Jan 12 2018, 10:23 am
THE DAY HAS COME!

After much effort and thought, we plan on taking action to start an organization for parents of children with genetic diseases,syndromes,mutations etc.
In affiliation with a well known organization, we are planning a meeting for a few couples that would like chizuck and strength in getting through their challenging times, as well as medical guidance from a brilliant genetic researcher.
At this meeting, there will be a one hour round table talk given by a leading asken affiliated with genetics. After the meeting, each couple will get 15 min to discuss their prepared questions with the genetically knowledgeable volunteer.
The name of the genetic counselor,organization or asken involved can not be disclosed to the public as of yet. If you have specific questions or for more information please email geneticorg613@gmail.com

PLEASE ENCOURAGE ANYONE WITH GENETIC ISSUES TO EMAIL geneticorg613@gmail.com

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jan 13 2018, 10:29 pm
Are you planning to advertise this anywhere other than imamother?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 12:36 pm
As of now, we are just trying to get 5-6 couples on board for a meeting. Once we get this kicked off the ground and we see if it’s needed and if it was successful, we will definitely begin advertising and making it more official!

Once again, to reserve a slot or to get your questions answered, please email

geneticorg613@gmail.com

Please encourage anyone who would benefit to get in touch today.

Thank you!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 6:48 pm
Did this support group ever materialize? If yes, whats the contact info?

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:44 pm
Theres a network for hereditary genetic support . For those not dealing with hereditary there are many organizations dealing with chromosomal defects, heart defects, developmental disabilities etc. If you're not dealing with the ramifications of the hereditary component why the need to start a new organization?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Theres a network for hereditary genetic support . For those not dealing with hereditary there are many organizations dealing with chromosomal defects, heart defects, developmental disabilities etc. If you're not dealing with the ramifications of the hereditary component why the need to start a new organization?

Which city/state has all of this?
Name them please

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:01 pm
Monsey, monroe, brooklyn , Lakewood etc

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Monsey, monroe, brooklyn , Lakewood etc

Who are these support groups org? Asking for a friend...

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Contact info?

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:31 pm
Contact chazak support groups as part of refuah helpline. They will connect you to the right person .

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 28 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Contact chazak support groups as part of refuah helpline. They will connect you to the right person .

Are you sure this is still active?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics