Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What can you tell me about Jiminy Peak

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:22 pm
Hi. I'm thinking of doing a mini family getaway to Jiminy Peak, for the weak between camp and school. Kids ages are between 7 and 11.

If you were ever there,, I'd appreciate if you can give me some tips and pointers. I'd like to know:

How many days/nights should I spend there?
Besides for Mountain Adventure Park, is there anything else that is a "must do"?
Is Mountain Adventure Park a full day?
Is Aerial Adventure Park geared for a 7 year old?
If you recommend doing more than one park a day, can you tell me how to plan my stay (what to do first, etc.)?
What is a nice and clean hotel to stay in (note -I'm not looking for the cheapest, want something decent).

I'm terrible in planning vacations (that's why I never go away), and I'd appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks!

siyata dishmaya

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:24 pm
Jiminy Peak is a mid-sized ski resort in Hancock, Massachusetts in the Taconic Mountains. The peak of Jiminy Peak, which includes the Hendricks Summit Lodge, is located in Lanesborough, Massachusetts.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 9:47 pm
We did both parks in one day, they are together its not a seperate place. All the rides are considered one park, and the rope course is the arial.
We went at night slept there and spent the next full day there. Last year we went during that last week of the summer and t was packed. This year we went back in middle of the summer and it was much emptier.
There is kosher pizza, fries... From chabad on site.
There aren't so many different things to do there I can't imagine going there more than one day. Unless you do the 2 parts seperately.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 10:49 pm
A lot of the hotels on the grounds of Jiminy Peak are outdated. If you don't mind driving a few minutes, we stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Lenox Pittsfield. It was new and quiet.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 10:50 pm
A lot of the hotels on the grounds of Jiminy Peak are outdated. If you don't mind driving a few minutes, we stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn in Lenox Pittsfield. It was new and quiet.
We also spent just 1 day in the Jiminy Peak parks.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 12:37 am
Thanks to all of you for replying. Imamother is great- Free trip planning service!

I hope it won't be too packed, but I'm glad to hear about the Kosher Pizza and the availability of a Minyan.

I will definitely check out the Hilton Garden Hotel. Any other suggestions for a more luxurious hotel?

Planning to drive up Tuesday after work and will check in late evening (3+ hour drive). Will spend Wednesday at Jiminy Peak Resort. I'd like to do something on Thursday, before heading back at around 3 pm. Any ideas on what we can do on Thursday in the area?

Thanks!

doctorima

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 9:37 am
It shouldn't be as packed after bein ha'zmanim ends. In fact, you should call to verify that the pizza will still be available. The minyan sometimes meets in the local Chabad, but often forms unofficially in the hotel on site. We also spent only a day doing the activities at the mountain. We also spent time enjoying the quaint local towns, especially Lenox. There was also a nice hike in the area we were going to do, but ran out of time.

As for lodging, to get something more luxurious you're going to have to settle for being farther away from minyan, food, and activities. We found the local lodging quite reasonable and the convenience factor (and price) made it well worth it.

LuckyMum

Post Fri, Aug 18 2017, 11:53 am
For thursday you can rent a pantoon at the lake nearby for an hour or two.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 20 2017, 3:00 am
Thanks for all your responses. Helped me a lot.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics