Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
When do I stop feeling like I'm starving?
Previous  1  2

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 10:04 am
I think you should eat 1500 carbs a day. You will stop gaining and will loose too. with 1500 carbs a day if you don't cheat you will loose about 20 lbs in 6 months. As soon as you don't just reach for food and everything is accounted for you will see that you will loose weight and you wont be hungry. One thing that I did (I did the 1500 a day and lost 25 lbs in 6 months), I only ate food I liked. If I didn't really like it, I just said no - at the same time I was able to eat what I enjoyed (limited portions of course) and did not feel guilty.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Aug 21 2017, 1:43 pm
I am eating a ketosis based food plan. The food has stopped calling me, I am satisfied by what I eat because it is generally high fat, low carb and very tasty. I don't even think about food as long as I am not actually physically hungry. I have lost 47 pounds since May 14 and have not cheated once. I could eat this way forever. I do eat some occasional fruit and don't count the carbs, because I can handle it. I wish I had known about this thirty years ago. its so great not to have the sh***y committee in my head yelling at me about food all the time. And, I eat in my own restaurant and taste niagara where there are tonnes of yummy foods that might have compelled me before but don't even come close now. I LOVE fries and my pizza and sandwiches. I don't eat them. Ever. No cravings.

I will say that I am extremely motivated. At 315 lb in May, I was diagnosed with Retinopathy. I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure which is the usual reason this happens. in fact my mom has it and hers are normal however HIgh Blood sugar (mine is slightly elevated) makes the likelihood of me going blind much higher. Still my 400 lb son has been following this plan for weeks now too and says he can't believe how much the yuck talk in his head that compels him to eat has quieted down.

My Doctor is aware of what I am doing and good with it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise