Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Non stop screaming
Previous  1  2

SouthernShalom

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 8:22 pm
My first thought was also an ear ache even before reading the other responses. Try some tylenol.

Aimee

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 8:30 pm
OP, I know this probably won't make you feel better but I'm having the same problem right now. My 9-month-old DS has been screaming off and on for the past 4 hours....won't sleep, won't nurse, won't eat baby food, just wants to jump up and down in his crib and yell. Maybe they'll both sleep so we can rest.... I'm taking a break online to try to chill out myself....not working yet!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 7:21 am
Thank you all. He fell asleep at 1:30 am but was restless till 3. Today more of the same but not as intense. Dr couldnt find anything. I think I am predisposed to shriekers. My others also werent calm.
I did gave a tylonol like medicine twice. Didnt seem to do much. And no, nothing distracts him. If I try to take him off my shoulder he screams even more.
Dont have a baby swing.
The baby was born around 8 pounds but has gotten huge since then so I am not worried about that.
Aimee- no it does help to know someone else is in the same boat. Now if only you could come over so we could collect some sanity together!!!
I'll try to respond more fully if/when he stops screaming. Now time is tight. Thank you all!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 7:27 am
I had one baby who cried a lot and the swing was the only thing that calmed us both down ...

and you plan to collect sanity together - how about "insanity" sounds more accurate ...

justanothermother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 8:14 am
you can also try pumping his legs. Run them like he is on a bicycle and also bring both his knees up to his tummy and then down again. Out third was a chronic screamer and this really helped him.

zigi

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 10:03 am
hugs ((((((()))))))))) I feel for you my dd didn't stop screaming. does he have reflux? my dd wouldn't stop crying unless she was swaddled in the swing, with a sussy, in with the lights off and the vacume cleaner on. keep on trying to find something that works. good luck!!!!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 1:57 pm
Well today I was out with him till about noon time and he screamed his lungs out. everyone was looking at me like I did something horrible to him while half the time he was simply sitting in the stroller and the other half I was carrying him but he was just disgruntled. Then he had a not good sleep... m oving all around, crying out of nowhere. And once my older one got up from a nap the baby slept for hours straight and woke up with a personality change. He is a little angel now, smiling away and pretending nothing happened. I cant figure it out... It's like one bad day, one good day, one awful day, two ok days. Why cant things just be normal? I am used to him being disgruntled but it seemed like the world was coming to an end yesterday. My oldest was like this too but it was easier to deal with since that one was the only one. I was going out of my mind.
Well, see you all back here next time this happens... most likely tomorrow!!!

su7kids

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 2:19 pm
Is he needing to eat more often? Does he have a reaction to foods he's eating? Foods you're eating, if you;re nursing?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 2:51 pm
do yourself a favor and take him to the pediatriciqn to have his ears checked.

It sounds to me that something I shurting him. Hey may even be teething! Maybe giving him a bit of motrin or baby tylenol will help. if you were in pain you'd also want a painkiller...

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:28 pm
He eats very often. It could be part of the problem (though I doubt it) so im trying to hold him off more. As I said, he is big and wants to eat a lot. He nurses and I'm relatively careful with what I eat.

mama bear- I wrote earlier I took him to the dr bright and early today and they didnt find anything, including the ears. By mid afternoon he started to get better though.

My oldest got his first 2 teeth at 4 months. But I dont think this was the issue now. Goodness I have to brace myself for teething again. yuck. I feel so bad for them, and it causes havoc everywhere.

I gave him something like tylonol twice yesterday. Didnt do anything. Gave him a gas medicine today which never worked before. I did get better soon after but I think it was just coincidental.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:30 pm
sorry I meant HE did get better soon after but it was coincidental

SouthernShalom

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:42 pm
Seeing that he was in a better mood after a nap is it possible that he is getting over tired and is then having trouble falling asleep? My DD was a colicy baby. Nothing quieted her. My husband worked nights and I had a 2 year old. The baby would fall asleep as soon as the 2 year old would wake up for the day. It was a miserable few months. I would have to put her in her crib and step out onto the balcony where I couldn't hear. I had to have a breather for my own sanity. We went through several formulas and reflux medications and nothing ever helped. When she was 5 we found out that all that time she had a milk allergy and was lactose intolerant. She had had years of stomach cramps and just couldn't describe it. She is now a different child. If he contines to be colicy it might be worth your while to have him seen by an allergist. You would be surprised to find out how food allergies can affect children.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 3:48 pm
Could be he isnt getting enough sleep. Sometimes he is woken by an older one since he is a light sleeper. But most of the time it is his own doing that he doesnt sleep. He sleeps very little but there isnt much I can do about it.
Re: allergies... he is nursing so if he is allergic it would be something environmental and I dont konw what I could do about that either...

su7kids

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 4:19 pm
You wrote that you're holding him off with eating. Maybe he's hungry. Nurse him more, give him less fattening solids, and healthier. He could very well be hungry.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 4:21 pm
justanothermother wrote:
you can also try pumping his legs. Run them like he is on a bicycle and also bring both his knees up to his tummy and then down again. Out third was a chronic screamer and this really helped him.

'
I just id this...he wasnt as worked up as yesterday. I tried and it really relaxed him. Soon as I stopped the screaming started. How long, how many hours do you think I can "bike ride" with him? :-)

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 8:21 am
OP here-
repeat original question Sad
He is so tired and keeps falling asleep on me and right away wakes up shrieking his head off. He already burped a ton, made a ton etc today. Dont know what is going on.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 9:04 am
1) just like justnaother said, pump his legs, for us, when ds screamed for hours and hours, it turned out he just had a lot of gas and couldn't get it out. And, even after he burps or farts, keep going, or us, he would have gas more than once!
2)Invest in a bar stool, that way you can sit, but have your legs down and they think that you're still standing.
3) Take the stroller outside - the windier the day, the better..

amother

Post Mon, Aug 06 2007, 4:41 pm
I do pump legs. No room for another stool. We go outside but he shrieks if I put him in the stroller and if he doesnt, my other one goes wild. While we're at it, ehy does he (nor did my other one) EVER go tosleep b4 1 am?? Its maddening. Especially since the older one is up by 7:30 and I have feedings in the middle.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 3:01 pm
My gosh, I am going out of my mind! 2nd day of non stop screaming. My older one was the same way. I think it's partially a personality thing. But I dont know if it's gas (not much of a sign of it this time around) or teething. He is only 2 1/2 months but my 1st got the teeth at 4 months, and I find the teeth come in in phases... it hurts and goes away, it hurts, and you start to see signs of teeth, it hurts and then breaks the gums. I cant ifgure it out. He is a BIG eater and yesterday and today barely ate but he has these huge burps. I dont know if it's teething or gas and I am going crazy. He cries if I hold him, cries if I put him down....
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics