Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
I need a moist chocolate cake recipe!!!!
Previous  1  2

MommyEsty

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:02 pm
in fact I didnt have any icing sugar so my husband made some heaven looking things involving chocolate chips sugar and some other stuff.
the cake is all ready sitting on my kitchen counter screaming my name over and over!
oh well!

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:02 pm
another one is.

3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
a little less than a flat tsp. salt
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
3/4 apple juice
3/4 oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (if using imitation, use 2 tbsp)
1 1/2 cups boiling water

pour in 9x13. bake at 350 degrees for apx. 55 min. plus.

enjoy.

willow

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:11 pm
For my glaze (again as dh request:) I used powdered sugar with a drop of sugar. Painted on the cupcakes and they look shiny and sugary!!!!!!!!!!

boruchhashem

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:18 pm
willow wrote:
For my glaze (again as dh request:) I used powdered sugar with a drop of sugar. Painted on the cupcakes and they look shiny and sugary!!!!!!!!!!

think u meant drop of water LOL

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:19 pm
that is like comparing apples to oranges ... while both fruit they each have their unique taste ... same with whip cream vs. frosting ...

willow

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 1:28 pm
boruchhashem wrote:
willow wrote:

think u meant drop of water LOL

LOL LOL Thanx

LikeMeDoes

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 4:36 pm
Looks like I'm a bit late but the cassic choc cake in Spice and Spirit is a very moist cake.

Annie

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 7:42 pm
Let me know if you have luck using frosting on the Hershey's cake. I've tried a couple of times and find that the cake tears easily b/c it's so moist. I almost always use whipped cream and sprinkles. My kids actually call this "the whipped cream cake."

greenfire

Post Tue, Jul 24 2007, 8:35 pm
Annie wrote:
Let me know if you have luck using frosting on the Hershey's cake. I've tried a couple of times and find that the cake tears easily b/c it's so moist. I almost always use whipped cream and sprinkles. My kids actually call this "the whipped cream cake."

hey I bake all the time ... use more pareve milk so it is smooth to spread ...

MommyEsty

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 4:47 am
cake came out great! thanks for the recipe!
icing didnt really. my husband decided to make something up and it didnt really work.
oh well I dont think it needs an iceing anyway the cake is moist enough.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 7:26 am
mommyesty - I must thank you as well, because I would have never thought to make a cake ... but I did - and my teens were all thrilled Mr. Green as well as the kid in me Wink

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 8:38 am
OK I know I'm a little bit late, but the most popular chocolate cake recipe in my house is the Black Devil's Food Cake from the spice and spirit. Odd name but absolutely delicious gooey cake.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 10:39 am
I hate to be left out, so I'm adding mine since they're handy:

Easy Chocolate Cake
This is a recipe I got from Miriam who never used to share recipes.
Mix 2 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup oil, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tablespoon instant coffee, 1 cup water, and 2/3 cup cocoa. Add 2 tsp rum and 3 eggs. Mix well. Bake in 9 by 13 pan or 12 cupcakes at 350 for about half an hours. Enjoy!

Apple Chocolate Cake
Mix any chocolate cake mix, one can 21 oz. apple pie filling, and three eggs. Scrape into greased 9 by 13 pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup chopped nuts, any kind. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. COULD PROBABLY VARY THE PIE FILLING AS YOU LIKE.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 10:41 am
hey you could never be left out ...

cindy324

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 2:21 pm
green, I just had to tell you that I made your choc. cake, and it was sooooo good! I took it with me away for the weekend and by Friday night, there was only one little sliver left! Also, I made it in a disposable tube pan, and the recipe was perfect for it. At first I thought that doubling the recipe for a 9x13 pan seemed too much, so I only made the recipe as is, and when I saw how little the batter really was for a 9x13, and I didn't have any round cake pans, I decided to try it in the tube pan. Perfect, I just had to adjust the baking time to about 1 hour, give or take a few minutes. Thanks!!!

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 2:26 pm
OMG, that recipe is sooo good! My friend brought over her leftover cake to our Superbowl party and it was devoured. It was so moist and yummy. Now my mouth is watering!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 3:31 pm
thank Hershey - although a lot of people tend to think it's mine when I tell them about it Mr. Green

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 3:33 pm
I don't want to be left out so I am copying the recipe, too!

greenfire

Post Tue, Aug 07 2007, 3:42 pm
you will enjoy it too - I've been making it for 15 years now ... too yum !!! Mr. Green
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins