Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Chicken/supper ideas for picky kids?

kidhugger

Post Sun, Aug 27 2017, 7:04 pm
My kids only like my chicken soup or meatballs for supper. Unfortunately, they eat alot of frozen schnitzel. They don't like beans, and vegetables cooked into things. They like potatoes and simple pureed soups, sometimes. Does anyone have a kid friendly chicken recipe, no bones preferably, that's not with tons of sugar? It can be sweet, just not extremely sweet, because they eat alot of sugar. I prefer honey over sugar.
Or other supper ideas that they may like?
No dairy or tofu please.
Thank you so much!

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 6:48 am
kidhugger wrote:
My kids only like my chicken soup or meatballs for supper. Unfortunately, they eat alot of frozen schnitzel. They don't like beans, and vegetables cooked into things. They like potatoes and simple pureed soups, sometimes. Does anyone have a kid friendly chicken recipe, no bones preferably, that's not with tons of sugar? It can be sweet, just not extremely sweet, because they eat alot of sugar. I prefer honey over sugar.
Or other supper ideas that they may like?
No dairy or tofu please.
Thank you so much!

Honey mustard chicken
Grilled chicken - u can make different types for different nights with different spices
ex:
Montreal spice
Shwarma spice
Lemon / olive oil / salt / pepper

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 6:53 am
Cut up chicken into cubes fry it little bit with oil add some tomato sauce and cover it, then add two cups of water and add elbow pasta mix and cover the lid keep mixing it every 2-3 minutes and keep adding water as needed till pasta is cooked. Of course add salt to your liking as well.
My go to meal with kids ☺️

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 6:55 am
You can do same with potatoes cut in big cubes potatoes. Very delicious kids love it as well.

imamazing

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 6:57 am
For variation I coat chicken cutlets in crushed pretzels or crushed flavored potato chips or crushed corn chips or the crispy coated onions topping...
then I make fun dip bowls for them- ketchup, garlic, honey mustard , salsa etc

For more mature eaters I would put the coated baked/ fried cutlets in a wrap or Pita with salad and toppings...

This always works for my picky eaters and is very easy prep

nw11

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 7:00 am
Chicken balls made of minced chicken. Either use your regular mince meat in tomato sauce recipe, or if you're anyway making roast chicken stick the balls (mixed with egg, matza meal and spices) into the roasting pan next to the chicken - delicious hot or cold.

kidhugger

Post Mon, Aug 28 2017, 10:34 am
Thank you so much! Those are amazing ideas. I have no experience with grilling though. Maybe it's worth it to learn how....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus