Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Saying no to playdate

buba123

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 4:26 pm
A bit of a dilemma. My 5 year old son is very happy and outgoing, Baruch Hashem. He has had numerous playdates with children in his class. There is one child in his class that has many issues. He's very aggressive and uses bad language. I do not want my son associating with him. This boys' mother has called me twice to set up a playdate. Twice I rebuffed her gently (plausible excuses). I do not wish to tell her outright how I feel about her child (alot of the problem is his lack of discipline). What do I say the next time she calls? Help...

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 7:50 pm
Why not give it a trial like to play for 1hr or so. This way you will see if w/h you in your home he acts differently and if not will know what to tell the mother. But do give him a fighting chance I mean he's not a teenager yet Wink

buba123

Post Wed, Jun 01 2005, 8:09 pm
I didn't just base my decision on nothing.. This child already came to my house once. I observed him for a few hours. My desciption of him wasn't based lightly. (I'm all for giving children a chance (I have 9 siblings, countless neices and nephews and three children B"AH)...

timeout

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 11:34 am
I have a similar problem with a child in my 3-1/2 year olds class and have told the teacher numerous times to keep this child away from mine.

They seem to feed off each others energy and when this kid gets wild my son definitely follows.

Thank G-d they live on the other side of town and I don't have to make excuses.

I think though you can say when your son gets home he's very tired and needs to just be home, if she wants her son to come to you this excuse can be used to!

Sundays are a bit trickier you can say it's family time and when there's nothing scheduled you'll think about it (sounds lame LOL )

Good Luck Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics