Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
Batteries

myname1

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 4:59 am
My son just got a truck as a gift that he LOVES! It has lights, music, and movement, which is wonderfully exciting, but apparently a bit much for the 3 AA batteries it takes. So it lasted all of 2 days before slowly running out of koach. I tried recharging the non-recharcheable batteries, and that also did not provide enough koach. (Is that supposed to work? Should I try for longer?) What do people do for such toys? Keep replacing the batteries every once in a while and use it for 2 days? Is it worth it to buy rechargeable batteries? I'm in Israel, if that makes a difference. I feel like batteries are such a waste of money, but I've never heard it discussed in terms of financial issues. Thanks!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 8:23 am
If you get rechargeable batteries with a higher capacity, they should last a decent amount of time.
At least 2,400 mAh
We have eneloop, but I heard that the Amazon ones are very good and a better price.
Get a larger package so that you always have charged ones.

rgr

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:36 am
I often find that the batteries that toys come with die right away. Something about them sitting pin ye shelf for a while. Replace the batteries and they should last.

Amazon basics has very good cheap batteries.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 9:38 am
rgr wrote:
I often find that the batteries that toys come with die right away. Something about them sitting pin ye shelf for a while. Replace the batteries and they should last.

Amazon basics has very good cheap batteries.

This.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 11:43 am
I think they come with cheap, low-life batteries in the first place - regardless of the amount of use they get on the shelf. I wouldn't waste rechargable batteries on something like this - those are for battery hogs (back in the day I'd put them in cameras and CD players. Nowadays everything comes with its own charger.) Get cheap batteries from amazon or wherever (shoprite has them on sale often. Costco?) and you'll probably find your replacement toy truck batteries will last long enough for you to get good and tired of the sound effects.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains