Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Minute Roast
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 9:12 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
thanks ra! just trying to figure out what kind of sauce would complement it. . . any speicifc suggestions?

This roast recipe is is actually my mom's. She serves it with this, and everyone loves it!

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp onion flakes + 1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp onion soup mix
1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper

(During the week (at a Seuda or something) if she makes this roast, she just pours the sauce over the meat slices and places it in the broiler/oven to heat. No cooking liquid. For Shabbos, that method of heating will dry the meat out.)

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 9:19 pm
thanks again! you're the best Wink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 21 2010, 9:20 pm
My pleasure!

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 1:10 pm
This recipe was delicious! I didn't make the sauce, but I'm glad I didn't because I think I would've preferred the taste of the meat on its own. It was tender and yummy. The only change I would make is adding some additional salt to the liquid as the meat is cooking, to strengthen the flavors a bit.

Oh, and I was happy to come out with lots of stock that I froze for future recipes. Thanks again!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 7:19 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
This recipe was delicious! I didn't make the sauce, but I'm glad I didn't because I think I would've preferred the taste of the meat on its own. It was tender and yummy. The only change I would make is adding some additional salt to the liquid as the meat is cooking, to strengthen the flavors a bit.

Oh, and I was happy to come out with lots of stock that I froze for future recipes. Thanks again!

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Smile

calmmom4

Post Mon, Aug 02 2010, 8:57 pm
HERE GOES MY FAMOUS FABULOUS MINUTE STEAK RECIPE
I have shared this recipe countless times and it is a hit every time!
This is my favorite meat for Yom Tov or when serving guests.
You can actually prepare any cut of meat this way.

Slice loads of onions and saute in oil till very well done. Add fresh garlic cloves chopped finely.
Place meat in pot and cook for a long time until soft. DO NOT ADD WATER! The key to this is a low flame. Halfway through turn over meat. Ten minutes before done add 1 cup ketchup. cok until well combined. Be careful do not burn.
This becomes a delicious sauce to serve over meat.

debsey

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 11:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
This roast recipe is is actually my mom's. She serves it with this, and everyone loves it!

1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp onion flakes + 1/2 tsp salt OR 2 tsp onion soup mix
1/2 - 1 tsp black pepper

(During the week (at a Seuda or something) if she makes this roast, she just pours the sauce over the meat slices and places it in the broiler/oven to heat. No cooking liquid. For Shabbos, that method of heating will dry the meat out.)

ra_mom - I love cooking your recipes because they always come out good. How long would you cook a 3lb minute roast and at what temperature, using this sauce?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 12:05 pm
Here's my minute roast recipe. It's a bit different, but absolutely delicious depth of flavor - you don't taste the cinnamon and pepper but it's incredible - my girls request it every Yom Tov. It comes out absolutely fork-tender.

4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp olive oil
6 crushed garlic cubes or cloves
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup red wine

Place roast in a large ziplock. Rub with spices and pour wine over. Seal and refrigerate overnight.

Place roast in pan. Cover and bake at 325 F for 3 hours. Cool to slice. Can be frozen at this point. Reheat in juices.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 12:26 pm
debsey wrote:
ra_mom - I love cooking your recipes because they always come out good. How long would you cook a 3lb minute roast and at what temperature, using this sauce?

Hi debsey!
I use this sauce over the stovetop roast beef recipe I posted up-thread. I don't really love beef roasts baked in the oven (except your cranberry bella roast recipe Wink but even that one I only like to serve fresh) so I don't think I'm the right person to ask about baking the roast in the oven.
I suggest you take a great oven recipe that you already have, layer onions underneath, rub fresh crushed garlic and lots of salt all over the roast (1 teaspoon kosher salt (or 3/4 regular salt) per pound), swap out the sauce for this one, and bake as per your original recipe.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Sep 14 2017, 2:53 pm
debsey wrote:

I would try 325 for about 2 1/2 hours.

I like to slightly underbake roasts rather than overbake, especially if I'm going to reheat the roast.

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Apr 11 2019, 10:00 am
Chayalle wrote:
Here's my minute roast recipe. It's a bit different, but absolutely delicious depth of flavor - you don't taste the cinnamon and pepper but it's incredible - my girls request it every Yom Tov. It comes out absolutely fork-tender.

4-5 lb. minute roast

2 Tbsp olive oil
6 crushed garlic cubes or cloves
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup red wine

Place roast in a large ziplock. Rub with spices and pour wine over. Seal and refrigerate overnight.

Place roast in pan. Cover and bake at 325 F for 3 hours. Cool to slice. Can be frozen at this point. Reheat in juices.

Chayalle, I just made this. Its sitting in a pan marinating.
I really hope it comes out good! I am having lots of guest over shabbos!

hodeez

Post Thu, May 16 2019, 6:16 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
Chayalle, I just made this. Its sitting in a pan marinating.
I really hope it comes out good! I am having lots of guest over shabbos!

I'm thinking to make this roast recipe for Shabbat how did it come out when you made it?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics