Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Chol Hamoed Succot/succos in israel

mirimiri

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 5:41 am
Hi!
I'm traveling with a big group BH to israel, we have a bunch of little kids ranging from 2-6 and then 17-21 so I'm looking for activities we can do, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!
Does anyone know what's happening in israel for chol hamoed or how I can find out about any special things going on?
Also do you know of any farms, that we can make cheese at? I found chai farm but they said they're closed for renovations.
Thank you!!!

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 9:37 am
Check out Kfar Kedem- we are also planning a similar trip so I will be following

juggling

Post Tue, Sep 12 2017, 1:27 pm
Frustratingly, many special Sukkot events are only advertised the week before. So keep your eyes open. I recommend neot kedumim for Sukkot. It's appropriate for all ages, and there is an educational component.

mirimiri

Post Wed, Sep 13 2017, 6:38 am
Bump

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 6:16 pm
OK, I finalized our plans over the last few days:

We are iy"H spending one day in Ir David/Old City- including Ariel Center, Davidson Center, walking the broad wall to the Wohl Herodian Quarter, Zedekiahu's cave, and Israel Museum

Another suggestion in the Old City was the Burnt House (we chose Ariel Center instead)

We are also going to the Blind Museum in Holon (note minimum age of 9, and tickets are hard to get, but may still be available)

On a different day, we are going to Beit Guvrin/underground city and amphitheatre; Tel Azeka, Neot Kedumim (they have an exhibit of all the different types of Sukkos described in the Mishah); and Kever Shmuel Hanavi

One alternative that was proposed to Neot Kedumim was the Animal Biblical Museum in the Bet Shemesh area.

I don't think we will make it to Birchas Kohanim at the Kosel, unfortunately (that is scheduled for Sunday of Chol Hamoed- Oct 8), but maybe...

Another activity I am considering is the Night Spectacular at Migdal David (David's Citadel)- that looks really amazing.

We tried to work out trips that work for multiple ages (we are a group ranging from 1 to 71, B'H) and there is some flexibility built in to these itineraries...

Wishing everyone a beautiful Yom Tov!

DrMom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 9:10 pm
IMO, your schedule is overloaded, esp the first day you described.

You need to pick 2-3 activities per day, max.

Esp with a large group that includes children and older folks.

Cookiegirl

Post Sun, Sep 17 2017, 9:19 pm
Thanks Dr. Mom- on the "Old City" day and the Beit Guvrin day we have people "coming and going"- joining us mid-day or leaving early, depending on kids' schedules and everyone's energy/tolerance level, ability to walk steps etc. The day we are going to Holon, we only have that activity. We tried to build in flexibility while maximizing our time in E'Y. I hope this is not a "once in a lifetime" family trip, but we are planning it as if it is.

Anyone can take these ideas and pare them down to what works for them. I hope everyone has a meaningful and enjoyable Chol Hamoed, iy"H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions