Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Kisses from Hashem - share yours!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Sep 04 2017, 2:18 am
amother wrote:
I realize it's an old question., after all the tzadikim indeed have it better.

Who says? How do you know that the tzadikkim have it better than the regular people?

I know of tzadikkim, Rebbes, who nebbach have such big challenges, Hashem Yerachem.

One thing that the tzadikkim do have better than regular people is, that they know how to love Hashem and accept His decrees.

I yearn to be on that level....

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Sep 06 2017, 11:38 pm
I have so much to say on this topic but in too stressed and busy these days to atriculate them.
Some great queations here that I've asked in the past and figured out some pretty good amswers that my talmid chacham father agrees with Wink. But I digress.
For those of you that asked, don't just ask, go LOOKING for answersto these questions cuz there are. Plenty. Search till the answer is satisfactory to you.

Now, can I put this thread back on track?

We bh moved into our new home and I was a little nervous having lived all my live in condos or multifamily houses that I'd feel alone or scared at night with noone in the same building. But bh! I have to say, ither than the spooky window in the downstairs bathroom, I really feel safe here. And comfortable. Bh!!!!!

My kid is starting school tomorrow. Bh!! Aaaaaah. I thought this day would never come.

My house, although smallish, feels bigger and like home a lot sooner than I expected.y neighbors are super nice.

My family is healthy and happy. We have food, clothing and a little roof over our head.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 5:31 pm
So today I randomly asked DH to go out for lunch. I try not to for dieting and $$ reasons but today I decided to be lazy and go out. And really in the mood of bagels.
While there - and there are many bagel places here- I met a great friend who lives across the ocean and "just happened " to come to town for a wedding for just 2 short days.
I told DH "now I think I know why I needed to eat bagels today!"
Thank You Hashem!
Anon because I made quite a scene in Bagel Nosh when I met her!

penguin

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:16 pm
Quote:
a cleaning lady coming in on Wednesdays and the house is still clean on Fridays
Now that is indeed a miracle!

penguin

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 8:40 pm
אִם לֹא שִׁוִּיתִי וְדוֹמַמְתִּי נַפְשִׁי כְּגָמֻל עֲלֵי אִמּוֹ כַּגָּמֻל עָלַי נַפְשִׁי.
תהלים קלא ב
I swear that I calmed and quieted my soul like a suckling on its mother; like a suckling was my soul with me.
(Although I saw another translation say like a weaned child. DH says it's one of those words that can mean either way.)

I heard recently that just as a nursing mother produces milk according to how much her baby requires, so too Hashem will give to us according to how much we ask him.

Further - says Rabbi Brogon Parshas Ki Tavo, since Hashem knows what I need, why should I ask? The chachomim instituted tefillos to substitute for the mitzvah of bikurim.

Bikurim are all about hakaras hatov. We don't need to tell Hashem what we're missing. What He wants from us to acknowledge is that everything comes from Him and He is the only One who can give us what we need.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:01 pm
I would not say this is a kiss from Hashem, but from a neshama. Also, appropriate for today as it being 9/11. About 7 years ago I found out a girl my elementary school class who I was friendly with until we went in different directions in high school perished on 9/11. I was in shock and went online searching for answers, information anything I could find about how she ended up at the top of the Towers. I was miserable and sick to my stomach. But still hungry I sliced opened and apple and inside was a brown mark- looked like someone had drawn the outline of a heart shape inside the apple. I then decided to look through my yearbook to look at her picture. I had forgotten that she had written my a lovely note, but right next to wear she signed her name she had drawn a heart - it looked just like the one I saw in my apple! I finally felt appeased and did not feel the need to obsess over articles about her life.
Coincidence maybe- but still creepy!

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 11 2017, 9:43 pm
Anonymous because people know my story.

I live in Lakewood - and I have a son with some behavioral quirks who found himself without a school...need I say more?
Last year was one long anxiety attack, because even after appropriate placement after 7 months at home, it was touch and go.... I would wake up at night hyperventilating with nightmares of him being thrown out ch"v...
My "kiss" from Hashem is twofold: not only has my son adjusted beautifully and is learning well, but my daughter got accepted to her first choice of high school - just like that. No money, no pull, no nothing. It's like Hashem was saying "You've suffered enough in this inyan. Let's make it especially smooth for your family this time."

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 12:05 pm
Another one: yesterday I was on my way to an important appointment with ds. Got stuck in a huge traffic jam on Road 4 between Ra'anana and Kfar Saba. Creeping forwards a millimeter at a time. Could see nothing ahead because of a big truck in front of me. No idea what's going on. Suddenly a car on my left side, also stuck in the jam, starts honking. The driver is a career soldier in uniform, looking at me. I let down the window and ask, what's the matter? He tells me that the road ahead is completely blocked off for an unknown amount of time and that I'd better get out at the next exit if I don't want to be stuck for hours. Got off and saw that he was right, road completely blocked ahead. Don't know why he told me of all the people stuck there but it saved our appointment. Baruch Hashem, and may He bless that helpful soldier.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational