Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Removal of Bird's Nest in Brick Wall

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:58 am
I'm looking for someone to remove a nest above the light on my porch. There's a tiny hole where a brick seems to be missing and some birds have made it their home. I need to deal with this asap as sukkos is coming and we can't have this over our heads. Does anyone know who we can call for such a service? Brooklyn area.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 7:30 pm
FYI we called an exterminator and paid a lot for closing up, spikes and such.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 8:55 pm
(immediate reaction to thread title (putting it here so I can stay anonymous) - yes it's CALLED shiliuach haken, but it's about sending away the mother bird, not sending away the actual nest)

iyar

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 9:03 pm
Why can't birds build themselves a temporary nest where your family will be setting up their temporary nest?

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 9:22 pm
iyar wrote:
Why can't birds build themselves a temporary nest where your family will be setting up their temporary nest?

Because they've been pecking in my walls for a year (we heard it all winter) and cr@pping all over my porch so we can't go out and enjoy our space?

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:56 pm
I truly pray you didn't kill them & just relocated the nest !!!

Water Stones

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 7:58 pm
greenfire wrote:

Me, too!

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:06 pm
greenfire wrote:

OMG I can't believe you thought we'd kill them. Removing a nest from inside a wall that can damage your home does not equal murderer.
There was no current nest there at the end (there was one this past winter). But we closed up the hole so they couldn't come back and put up deterrents on our ledges so they'll stop hanging around and cr@pping all over our porch.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:22 pm
amother wrote:
OMG I can't believe you thought we'd kill them. Removing a nest from inside a wall that can damage your home does not equal murderer.
There was no current nest there at the end (there was one this past winter). But we closed up the hole so they couldn't come back and put up deterrents on our ledges so they'll stop hanging around and cr@pping all over our porch.

ecruamother wrote:
FYI we called an exterminator and paid a lot for closing up, spikes and such.

you're the one who wrote "exterminator"

exterminator [ɪkˈstɜr·məˌneɪ·t̬ər]
noun
1.a person whose job it is to kill unwanted insects or animals.
2.a person or business establishment specializing in the elimination of vermin, insects, etc., from a building, apartment, etc., especially by the controlled application of toxic chemicals.

Last edited by greenfire on Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 19 2017, 8:25 pm
greenfire wrote:
you're the one who wrote "exterminator"

exterminator [ɪkˈstɜr·məˌneɪ·t̬ər]
noun
1.a person whose job it is to kill unwanted insects or animals.
2.a person or business establishment specializing in the elimination of vermin, insects, etc., from a building, apartment, etc., especially by the controlled application of toxic chemicals.

I posted and nobody responded. We needed to find someone and decided to try our exterminator to see if he had any leads. The name of his business is actually pest removal. Maybe I should have written differently but to me he's the exterminator. I posted back in case someone else ever needs to figure out who to call in such a situation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries