Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Son putting on tefillin soon....should I go?

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 6:44 pm
My son is starting to put on tefillin soon, which will be 30 days before the Bar Mitzvah. I really would like to go to Shacharis with him and dh so I can take pictures and feel a part of the simcha, too. But I'm not sure if it would be awkward or not for me to go. Any other moms go to shul when their sons put on tefillin the first time?

Thanks!

BetsyTacy

Post Mon, Sep 18 2017, 7:05 pm
I went and davened shacharis in the women's section and watched. After davening we took pictures as a family (not in the sanctuary). My dh took the pics of the laying the tefillin.Not sure how that helps you, I imagine this is very community based. What flies in my home town may not fly in yours. Although assuming you make sure he davens in a shul with an ezras nashim that is not locked on the weekdays, can someone forbid you to go to shul and daven?

Mal Kay

Post Wed, Sep 27 2017, 10:24 pm
I sure hope u went!!! That first time is only once ! I wd Be other side of mechitzah and take pics:) or take along someone(sister etc ) to take pics...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics