Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Succes dishes with dietary restrictions, ideas?

Frum

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 12:25 pm
Hi everyone, I am looking for inspiration for Succos dishes for guests with dietary restrictions. The dishes are supposed to be gluten free, and may not contain onion, garlic, any fruit or fructose. So also no jam and no parve whip. Ideas anyone?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 12:46 pm
Frum wrote:
Hi everyone, I am looking for inspiration for Succos dishes for guests with dietary restrictions. The dishes are supposed to be gluten free, and may not contain onion, garlic, any fruit or fructose. So also no jam and no parve whip. Ideas anyone?

Google FODMAPS recipes for ideas.

tichellady

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 12:53 pm
Maple mustard chicken with rosemary
Roast chicken with lemon and herbs
Salmon with soy sauce, maple syrup and ginger
Carrot ginger soup
Ginger, herbs, cumin, and smoked paprika are your friend

myself

Post Mon, Oct 02 2017, 1:02 pm
Some ideas:
Quinoa with/without vegetable stir fry
Vegetables Quiche/Kugel
Roasted Vegetables - You can do one of the following or a combination. Sweet potato/brocolli/cauliflower/parsnip/peppers/butternut squash/zucchini/beets/green beans. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven on a high temperature.
Roasted Chickpeas or Chickpea burgers
Fresh Salad

Frum

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 12:38 am
Thanks everyone!!!!!!! Really appreciate!

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 2:53 am
Frum wrote:

Cooking without onion and garlic is tough, but use other aromatics in their place. Using finely chopped and caramelized carrots and celery can make a good strong flavour base. Also make sure you use strong herbs like rosemary, thyme and basil. If tomatoes are ok, caramelizibg tomato paste also makes a great flavour base. Miso, rice vinegar and sesame oil too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus