Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When traveling by plane...

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 10:48 pm
...do you ever pass through people's seats to get to the other sodof the plane? I'm not talking about when your in the window seat and need to go out to the bathroom or whatever.
I mean through that front row of the section on the airplane that has a bit more legroom. There are 2-3 designated walk through areas throughout the plane like the back galley or between the bathrooms.

On a recent flight I was sitting on that row and baby was in bassinet in front of me. My other kids sat with me along that row, so we had it to ourselves. My toddlers car seat was in the seat facing the bassinet and pretty much reached the bar of the bassinet, maybe 2 inches of space between. During the flight my baby bag was on the floor by my seat, under the bassinet. The only way to go past was to step on my bag, sit on my lap and squeeze around the bassinet, then climb over my other kids seats.

A lady said can I pass through here? I said I'm sorry there's no space to walk through here. She then turned around to ask the stewardess who told her if she wants she can crawl over my bag and legs, under the bassinet to the other side. And she did! 😬

Obviously I feel that this should not be a place for ppl to pass through and they should walk several rows back to get around. Am I in the wrong here? Do airlines officially designate that space as a walk through space?

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 11:34 pm
Yes, it is definitely intended as a walk-through space.

abound

Post Tue, Oct 03 2017, 11:43 pm
no! and the flight attendant made it clear with her sarcastic answer to the woman.

agreer

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:03 am
you should complain to the airline. Maybe they will give u points or something. that was terrible.

it is NOT a walk-through area. It is just like any other row, especially when already occupied!

Boca00

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 12:03 am
No way. I've flown on probably 100 planes and I've never seen anyone use the extra legroom rows as an aisle. It would never even occur to me to try.

Raisin

Post Wed, Oct 04 2017, 6:23 am
Thats just rude.

RebekahsMom

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 2:19 pm
I’ve never heard of that either. Was she looking to make a point to you, by making herself inconvenienced and foolish looking in the process?

I guess I could see squeezing through the aisle past kids (they have short legs to not trip over), but not around/ under bags and a bassinet.

And yet it had to be quite a sight.

Seas

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 5:04 pm
No it's not the norm.

Why did she do it? Was she desperate to get to the washrooms and the trolley was blocking the aisle?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 5:36 pm
I have had exit row and men davened right in front if me for the extra space I paid to have.

littleprincess

Post Sun, Oct 08 2017, 6:30 pm
I paid extra money to have more legroom when I flew and was pregnant . I would be totally annoyed if someone would have asked me to move my legs so she can pass
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette