Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Apartment selling prices -- listed vs final

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Oct 10 2017, 10:13 pm
Looking at apartment prices in Israel on yad2 and they seem awfully high (1.5 million shekel for a 4 bedroom apartment way up north? Seriously?) so just wondering if final prices are significantly lower than asking prices for apartments and if so, by how much.

Thanks imamothers!

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Oct 11 2017, 1:39 pm
Bump

jkw

Post Thu, Oct 12 2017, 2:14 pm
Look at madman.co.il
Type in the street you are looking at. Might give you an idea of final sale price.

Teomima

Post Thu, Oct 12 2017, 3:56 pm
I found the opposite, we ended up paying even more than what we had originally agreed upon when we bought our apartment. But others may have had different experiences. There may be some wiggle room, but I wouldn't assume it to be a terribly significant amount.
1.5 doesn't seem bad at all for 4 bedrooms, imo. FYI, keep in mind Israeli listings usually say the number of rooms and that includes the living room. So if a listing says 4 bedrooms, that's fine. But if it says 4 rooms, that likely means 3 bedrooms and a living room.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Oct 12 2017, 4:32 pm
Israel prices are expensive.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 4:24 am
amother wrote:
Looking at apartment prices in Israel on yad2 and they seem awfully high (1.5 million shekel for a 4 bedroom apartment way up north? Seriously?) so just wondering if final prices are significantly lower than asking prices for apartments and if so, by how much.

Thanks imamothers!
When you say up north, do you mean in the golan north or north of somewhere else? I think if you mean north of the country then that is a lot, but if you mean, for example, north of jerusalem or north of tel aviv, then 1.5 is just about right.

We bought, on paper, a 4 bedroom place, and it was 1.5 m shekels.

And Im not really sure why you think finishing prices would be so much less than asking prices. It also depends on how long something has been on the market. I know a place with 11 rooms (yes, read 10 bedrooms) that was asking well into the 4 m range, but had been on the market for years and years and they went down to the 2 m range as they were getting desperate. So there are many things to consider about prices.
Good luck in your search.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 5:51 am
We bought outside Jerusalem for about 1.3, sixroom, 135m. 5 1/2 years ago on paper. It could now go for about 1.8.

MyUsername

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 7:27 am
jkw wrote:
Look at madman.co.il
Type in the street you are looking at. Might give you an idea of final sale price.

That should be madlan, not madman

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 8:12 am
MyUsername wrote:
That should be madlan, not madman
not nadlan?

water_bear88

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 8:20 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
not nadlan?

No, it is Madlan. I think it's supposed to be a portmanteau of מד and נדל"ן.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Oct 13 2017, 8:43 am
water_bear88 wrote:
No, it is Madlan. I think it's supposed to be a portmanteau of מד and נדל"ן.
ah. Good to know.

amother
White

Post Sat, Oct 14 2017, 1:35 pm
We bought in Jerusalem from a listing on Yad2. Seller wanted 1.8 m and we settled on 1.65.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions