Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mir yeshiva in brooklyn

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:34 pm
There is a chance we may be accepted to mir yeshiva for the upcoming year (younger grades)...I'm seeking truthful opinions about it...The things I'm most concerned about : lack of strong English curriculum, outdoors time ( I heard boys never go outdoors), and large class size... from your experience, can little boys do well in such large classes? are middos and derech eretz emphasized or it learning above all?
how would a child with a lot of energy and sometimes naughty behavior do?

Unfortunately, we were rejected from another yeshiva that has small class size, outdoor space, and semi good academics--unless we can pull some strings to get in, we may end up in Mir yeshiva?
We are also BT so I'm not sure how we will be looked at by the teachers/community in Mir.....

Thoughts?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:46 pm
Depends on grade. Some classes have 17 boys some have 25. Yes there is no outdoor time, they do play in the gym. They had a big kibbud av vaim contest this year. Specific teachers have made different middos charts and contests as necessary.

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 4:29 am
Can someone please chime in on Mir yeshiva 3rd grade. We are going back to Brooklyn after almost 4 years in Yerushalaim. I would so appreciate any thoughts/feedback on mir yeshiva... thanks!

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:08 am
ProudMommie wrote:
Can someone please chime in on Mir yeshiva 3rd grade. We are going back to Brooklyn after almost 4 years in Yerushalaim. I would so appreciate any thoughts/feedback on mir yeshiva... thanks!

My son is in 3rd. Bh happy there. The rebeim are very warm and caring. His class is very simple and down to earth. What do you want to know

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:29 am
Very ncie parent body no pressure rebbeim very caring

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:37 am
My family is very happy there

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:38 am
amother wrote:
My son is in 3rd. Bh happy there. The rebeim are very warm and caring. His class is very simple and down to earth. What do you want to know

Thank you so much for responding. We are coming from Israel and unfortunately my son has been thru a few difficult (ok more than a few) experiences in school.. I need a warm rebbi, kids who are normal and a school where bullying is dealt with appropriately. I want a happy place where he loves to go and that is shtark but not pushing... etc... I am not asking for perfection just want my boy to be happy and to have a proper environment where he can grow into a ben Torah I'yH...

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 5:54 am
ProudMommie wrote:
Thank you so much for responding. We are coming from Israel and unfortunately my son has been thru a few difficult (ok more than a few) experiences in school.. I need a warm rebbi, kids who are normal and a school where bullying is dealt with appropriately. I want a happy place where he loves to go and that is shtark but not pushing... etc... I am not asking for perfection just want my boy to be happy and to have a proper environment where he can grow into a ben Torah I'yH...

So when I had an issue with a boy on the bus when my son was in first grade it was dealt with right away. I have not had major issues with the boys in the class. To an extent boys are boys if you know what I mean.

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:22 am
amother wrote:
So when I had an issue with a boy on the bus when my son was in first grade it was dealt with right away. I have not had major issues with the boys in the class. To an extent boys are boys if you know what I mean.

yes sure! Sounds good that issues were dealt with!

ProudMommie

Post Mon, Oct 16 2017, 6:33 am
Thank you everyone for your responses! I really appreciate the info
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics