Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Change EI agencies

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 9:07 am
Before my baby was discharged the hospital put in an EI referral which landed at an agency that don't have SLPs or PTs working for them. they said they'll get the therapists from a different agency, but I'd prefer to switch and get service coordination and therapists all from same agency.
evaluations were already submitted and now waiting for IFSP meeting.
How to proceed to switch?

confetti

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 1:23 pm
You just call the original agency and just say you'd like to switch.
But I don't think it makes a difference on you end if the Service coordination and thereapy are from different agencies. I think they'll work the technical parts out between each others. I'm quite sure that it works that way.
Good luck

relish

Post Sun, Oct 22 2017, 2:14 pm
Where are you located?

In NYC, there is no guarantee that you will receive service coordination and services from the same agency. That's just not the way it works.

In my experience, though, it is very important to have a good agency doing your service coordination.

Just so you know, once your child in in the EI system, the parents words are really listened to over anyone else. If you feel that your child needs a service, or more service or change in services, speak up! As long as you can articulate the issue, you can really make a difference in your child's services.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics