Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Baby model

bestwife4

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 11:45 am
My baby is super cute and has nice gingy hair. I would love for him to model.
Does anyone know where I can apply for baby modeling? Smile

DVOM

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:01 pm
When my oldest was a baby we were approached in GAP on 34th street in Manhattan and offered a modeling job Very Happy

self-actualization

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:29 pm
Your baby also needs to be really calm and ok with being handled by strangers.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:30 pm
There are agencies. Generation model, zuri model and talent, ohlsson modeling, take 3 talent...

As far as I know these are all reputable agencies.

tovli toraspicha

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:30 pm
DVOM wrote:
When my oldest was a baby we were approached in GAP on 34th street in Manhattan and offered a modeling job Very Happy
r

Haha me too!

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 12:34 pm
I don’t know where you live but if you’re in or near upstate New York (way upstate) you can apply through Fisher Price. They cast all their own baby/child models/actors and to my knowledge only use local children. They do this work out of Buffalo, NY. Our son was accepted into their baby model database when he was younger, but we never followed through on the process. Your child needs a work permit (yes, even babies!) to do this work.

bestwife4

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:05 pm
I live in Brooklyn. Thanks guys.
I'll look into the agencies mentioned above

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:09 pm
Just be careful, we once got a letter in the mail that an agency was interested in our DC for modeling. While I of course was blown away by their amazing taste, DH looked into them and found that it's a well-known scam, where they play on your maternal biases, and then tell you that you first need a portfolio that costs several hundred dollars, at which point no jobs ever seem to materialize.

bestwife4

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 4:10 pm
doctorima wrote:
Just be careful, we once got a letter in the mail that an agency was interested in our DC for modeling. While I of course was blown away by their amazing taste, DH looked into them and found that it's a well-known scam, where they play on your maternal biases, and then tell you that you first need a portfolio that costs several hundred dollars, at which point no jobs ever seem to materialize.

Wow crazy.. Sad

loveit

Post Mon, Oct 23 2017, 8:17 pm
Also be prepared emotionally for the times you may be rejected because your baby didn't have the right look. They want big eyes and lips. Also babies that are small for their age are often preferred because they have the maturity of an older baby/toddler but the look of a younger baby which is often needed depending on the marketing plan. You shouldn't need professional pics, they want recent pics and often tequest good cell phone snaps. Be prepared for lots of waiting on location if you do get a call.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 5:02 am
Be prepared to drive like nuts on short notice
also, SATURDAY. So yeah, we didn't do it.

bestwife4

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:46 am
What's the pay like? Is it worth it?

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 10:08 am
I don’t know what other places pay, but fisher price offered $50 per half-hour. Keep in mind there are strict limits on how much a baby or young child can work. Not to mention they have to be hired for the work in the first place, so it’s not an unlimited opportunity. Also you need to factor in the time and driving/travel expenses.

loveit

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 2:14 pm
I don't think it's worth doing for the pay, just if you enjoy it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art