Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Daughter woke up mid of night and tried opening front door..

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:37 pm
Was soooo scary other night mud of the night in middle of my sleep I heard some1 going down the steps and trying to open front door I went down and saw it was my 6 year old who slept walked and tried opening front door .. imagine if I had slept thru it.. who knows what cud have happened.. anyone had such an experience..I cud tell the next day she didnt remember by asking her how was her night if she slept thru the night etc...

chicco

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:47 pm
I had the exact same thing with my 6 year old a few months ago. It was terrifying. My husband suggested putting in another lock higher than my child could reach.

abaker

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:53 pm
My kids don't sleep walk but I have this fear of one of them trying to open the door and look out or play outside when I'm not there. For now they're young so the door knob plastic safety lock things keeps them unable to open it. But yeah a sliding lock high up would work. Even on top of the door vertically,so it's really out of reach.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 8:56 pm
My 2-year old did this a few weeks ago! Came downstairs crying and almost walked outside looking for Tatty! I caught her just in time! SOOOOO scary!

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:08 pm
One of my kids did this too when she was younger. She was dragging her full size bed blanket with her and unlocked the door ready to head out. I couldn't decide whether or not to stop her or follow her to see where she thought she was going but it was raining, so I stopped her and led her back to bed. She was fine and has no memory of having done so. Her eyes were wide open and she had seemed awake. I was crazy with fear she would try that again and what if I wouldn't realize it. We also talked about putting on a different type of lock. She now has children of her own and a few months ago she told me one of her kids was sleep walking. Come to think of if, her daughter is also 6 like the other posters are writing. Weird. I don't remember how old she was at the time but it could very well have been around the 6 year old mark as well.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:42 pm
I had this with one of my sons when he was six or seven. Was so scary to watch. His eyes were open and he was fumbling with the locks. We put up a dead bolt at the top of the door. He would've had to climb a chair to unlock it.
It's happened only once.

seeker

Post Tue, Oct 24 2017, 9:55 pm
Never had this happen but you have just officially scared me into making sure all my locks are done tonight!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics