Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Kosher food in disneyworld

amother

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 5:34 am
I heard that kosher meals are available in Disney World if you reserve them. Does anyone know about the hechsher?

brooklyn

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 11:13 am
I found this on the net.

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/guestkosher.htm

Hope it helps. I remember when I was in Disney this past winter that there were much more kosher options. In Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom The burger place had a kosher counter.

Last edited by brooklyn on Tue, Aug 14 2007, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total

FirstTimeMommy

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 11:29 am
I went to Disneyworld a couple of years ago and there are some places that you don't need to reserve ahead of time. you just have to know what spots have the kosher options and then go to the counter and ask to see the kosher menus. it was great! in all of the four parks there were various resturaunts that have kosher food, double wrapped and all ready for you to heat up and eat! these spots are:

Animal Kingdom - Pizzafari
Disney-MGM Studios - ABC Commissary
Epcot: Liberty Inn - American Adventure
Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café - Tomorrowland
All Star Food Courts: World Premiere (Movies)
Intermission (Music) and End Zone (Sports)
Caribbean Beach - Old Port Royale Food Court
Port Orleans French Quarter - Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory
Port Orleans Riverside - Riverside Mill Food Court

Also, I don't know where you plan to stay but at the Pop Century Hotel ( one of the Disney hotels) they have an entire cafeteria with kosher food available, breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
The food is actually pretty tasty and is under the Orthodox Rabbinical council of South Florida (glatt kosher)
There are the fancy resturaunts that require you to order like 3 days ahead, but why bother if there are so many other walk-in places to eat?

My DH and I would plan our day like this . "Okay, today we are going to Magic Kingdom, so let's get breakfast at Pop Century cafeteria, do fun things until noonish and make sure we end up near Tomorrowland because that has the kosher food." It worked out great every day! Have fun- we really did!

brooklyn

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 11:36 am
If I remember correctly the prices were not bad. What I mean is yes, it was expensive, but similiarly priced to the non kosher stuff. ( Everything is expensive at Disney, but most of us expect that.)

justanothermother

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 12:11 pm
For the people who ate there? Is the food good or more like airline food?

FirstTimeMommy

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 12:14 pm
I would say better than airline food. Like fast food, but since it is warmed up double wrapped and not freshly cooked not superb but definitly filling and tasty.

technic

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 1:19 pm
wow theyve come a LONGGGGG way!!!! 15 yrs ago dh and I honeymooned in florida and ordered one kosher meal at whatever-its-called at disney (the restaurant where one wall is an aquarium)...it was an airline meal and tasted chemical enough 2 preserve us till 120!!!! shock

Newsie

Post Tue, Aug 14 2007, 1:22 pm
I ate at Tomorrowland at Cosmic Ray's. We got chicken nuggets. I thought it was pretty bad (and my kids did too) but the fact is, it's kosher and we're able to eat in a regular cafeteria in Disney world, so we didn't really care...
Maybe the other options are better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics