Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Magic Mill Urn only works on "Keep Warm", not "Boil"

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 3:08 am
My beloved Magic Mill Urn stopped working on "Boil" and only works on "Keep Warm".

It eventually gets really hot, but it now takes much longer because the "Boil" function doesnt work. Green light of "Boil" goes on as soon as you turn on the "Boil" switch, but it doesnt boil the water.

I think I have it about 2 years and I really liked it.

Who fixes Magic Mill Urns in Brooklyn?

Is it worth fixing?

Should I just get another one?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 7:07 am
The digital and pump urns just don't last. We've been through so many. Go went back to basics with hamilton beach.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
The digital and pump urns just don't last. We've been through so many. Go went back to basics with hamilton beach.

Why is Magic Mill more digital than Hamilton Beach?

Ive had every brand of urn and none last forever.

The pump ones last even less and the pump top always has to be replaced.

Why is Hamilton Beach better than other urns? Do they make a stainless steel large urn?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 04 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
Why is Magic Mill more digital than Hamilton Beach?

Ive had every brand of urn and none last forever.

The pump ones last even less and the pump top always has to be replaced.

Why is Hamilton Beach better than other urns? Do they make a stainless steel large urn?

I assumed your magic was digital based on the keep warm setting and boil settings you mentioned. I see I was wrong. The hamilton beach is as back to basics as they come. They last longer but not forever though they're inexpensive. Buzz carries their stainless version with removable power cord so easier to clean.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
I assumed your magic was digital based on the keep warm setting and boil settings you mentioned. I see I was wrong. The hamilton beach is as back to basics as they come. They last longer but not forever though they're inexpensive. Buzz carries their stainless version with removable power cord so easier to clean.

They last longer if they survive the total immersion.

The problem with the urns that have to be Toiveled is that the Halacha is that u have to immerse them completely and then let it dry for 2 days. The total immersion even if you let it dry for 2 days, sometimes KILLS the appliance. Theyre not made for the electric area to be totally dunked in water. If you tell any appliance manufacturer customer service that you totally immersed it in water, and ask why a brand new appliance isnt working, theyd crack up.

I once ended up with a brand new just toiveled appliance that was dead.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:33 am
Whatever doesn't kill an appliance makes it stronger?

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:37 am
imasoftov wrote:
Whatever doesn't kill an appliance makes it stronger?

Total immersion of an electric appliance is guaranteed to lessen its lifetime.

"They last longer if they survive the total immersion. " I meant that jokingly.

imasoftov

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
I meant that jokingly.

Me too.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Oct 26 2017, 11:42 am
amother wrote:
They last longer if they survive the total immersion.

The problem with the urns that have to be Toiveled is that the Halacha is that u have to immerse them completely and then let it dry for 2 days. The total immersion even if you let it dry for 2 days, sometimes KILLS the appliance. Theyre not made for the electric area to be totally dunked in water. If you tell any appliance manufacturer customer service that you totally immersed it in water, and ask why a brand new appliance isnt working, theyd crack up.

I once ended up with a brand new just toiveled appliance that was dead.

There are halachik opinions that say that you do not need to immerse an electrical appliance if there's a chance that it'll get ruined.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen