Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Burning Money

gryp

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 9:23 am
(from arutzsheva)

In an agitated state, Yitzhak Perry telephoned the police emergency dispatcher on Wednesday reporting “I burned the money! I burned the belongings! Come quickly!”

Police and firefighters rushed to the exclusive Rehovot neighborhood to find Perry was indeed telling the truth. Angered at his wife, he had taken their cash, amounting to NIS 3 million ($697,000), and set it ablaze.

Firefighters who responded to the smoke in the home described the scene as surreal. "A man actually set an enormous amount of cash on fire because he was angry at his wife," they exclaimed in a startled state.

Police explain they are more than a bit curious as to the source of the sizable stash. Undoubtedly, Internal Revenue Service officials will have some questions for the irate Perry as well. Police add that section 466 of the penal code makes destroying money a crime and Perry may face three months in prison for his actions. That in addition to a sizable dose of remorse and a, now, very angry wife.

Rivka

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 2:52 pm
This guy must have been psycho, but maybe it was either burning the cash or killing someone, in which case better to burn the cash...hmm then again what he did was stupid and selfish and if he so wanted to get rid of his cash he should have given it away to the many poor in Israel who actually need the money.

Tefila

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 3:37 pm
Maybe his wife wanted him to do something w/h it, and it was causing sholom bayis issues so he recognizing the source to the evil burned it What

Rivka

Post Thu, Jun 02 2005, 6:34 pm
Uhh I don't think so, coz then if he were thinking rationally he wouldn't have burnt it in his home and secondly would have given it away.

supermom

Post Sun, Jun 05 2005, 6:38 am
this is coming to a crazy world this guy goes to prison for burning money but I just heard on the news that this guy here in israel beat his wife and his one year old that caused the baby to die and his wife to be hospitalized and he gets away with it? now this is insane. and lately from what I have been hearing that alot of men that are abusing there wives and the wives have been calling the police with complaints don't get charged a single bit in jail after they have killed their wives. it is freaky when they put the woman on the phone from a tape recorder when she is pleading with the police for help and of course they don't budge their bottoms to go help those poor woman out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics