Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Almost new couch leather Staten Island, Brooklyn

Maryann

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 3:10 pm
Hi everyone

I have a new leather couch and stackable whirlpool washer dryer that I want to sell.

I bought them last year and we unexpectedly had to move and don't have room for them.
I live in staten island but can probably arrange delivery. (in staten island or Brooklyn, far rockaway)

The couch was barely used.it's 3 seater, leather, dark brown, bought from taubers for 1000$, selling for 900 or best offer.

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 3:21 pm
Sorry about your unexpected move, but if you want to sell your couch, you need to have more realistic expectations about pricing. I know that you wrote "or best offer," but nobody is going to pay 90% of full retail price, or even close to it, for a couch that's been used for a year.

I would recommend checking Craigslist couch listings to get a sense of what's considered fair market value. (And no, I'm not in the market for a couch, so I have nothing to gain from a price reduction).

redheaded

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 3:26 pm
Just a bit of unsolicited advice, if you're selling second hand it's got to be cheap.

Look at Craigslist and see what similar items in similar condition are priced.

I sold a very expensive piece in excellent condition 75% off and that was my highest and only offer.

Maryann

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 3:50 pm
Ok Thx just to clarify I didn't have it for a year (I bought it last year not a year ago) I used to for 4 months. What do you think realistic price should be?

doctorima

Post Sun, Sep 10 2017, 4:21 pm
If it was me, I would probably try to list it at 500 OBO. Realistically, I think you're not likely to get more than $300-$400.

I'm not saying it's fair that something in such good shape should go for such a discount, but honestly, if I was shopping for a couch, I would need to be saving a LOT of money to consider taking a used one from a stranger's house, not to mention the shlep of figuring out transportation from Staten Island (as opposed to stores in Brooklyn who all deliver).

Again, feel free to check Craigslist and see what comparable couches are going for to help you get a sense of the market. If you're not desperate for the money and have time to wait, you can always start at a higher price, and if nobody bites, come down over time. But odds are high that you're not going to get anywhere near what you paid for it. It's not fair, but just being realistic.

Mommastuff

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 10:11 am
Do you have a picture of the couch?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics