Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Thoughts on Chodesh Elul

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 6:08 am
!. Gut chodesh to everyone.

I alsways find that when rosh chodesh elul comes arounds comes together the call of the shofar and everything... I always remember that since my seminary dayshow our rav would prepare us so well as to the fact that we all went to selichos as well. it was soo uplifting in those days that even now in my maried years when vchodeshe lul comes around it makes me kinda a feel, what will be.... rh is around the corner and yk is just afterwards. there are times that it just makes me feel wow... we are coming closer to yom hadin how will I prepare myself??

I was talking to someonme in the pool yesterday and she told me that she grew up as a child with the shamash knocking on every door calling out "Selichos wake up Selichos" I just makes it feel so full of awe.

I rememeber the story of chedva zilbafarb about a messenger who knocks and knocks on the door and the owner is asleep. the messenger tells him he has a message and the owner falls back asleep, I feel foir how long have we been sleeping that we need to wake up?? the shofar is a reminder to wake up!!

I also rememeber a friend telling me a moshel of ie a court case before a live judge.. you fell like you tremble even before a human judge... kal vechomer how we should be feeling before Hashem on rh...

it's quite scary if you think about tha that really very soon will be the deciding factor for next year.

dh says though that when he is in uman where he daven's they prepare for the shofar with simcha... but I still feel the yira already from now... how about you??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur