Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My (trached) baby's nurse is snoring

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 7:34 pm
And she forgot to put her on the oxygen monitor. and didn't turn her humidifier on yesterday...
The other nurse left her pad in my bathroom and bloodied up the toilet seat.
And took a shower every night in my (one and only shared by another 3 kids) bathroom.

one called me MOODY!(promise u I'm an even-keeled person & I potentially had many reasons to qualify for "being moody"...) & couldn't handle seeing my toddler do toddler stuff (like stand up on a chair. gasp!)

just the tip of... ok vent over for now.

Fox

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 7:39 pm
It's the worst! I can't even tell you all the drama we had. Sadly, a lot of LPNs doing home care are really unprofessional. BTDT. You're not unreasonable or crazy. I recommend ice cream, but that's just me . . . PM me if you need to vent more . . .

Boca00

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 8:40 pm
Oh man, that sounds like exactly what you need to be dealing with right now. Can you try to get a personal recommendation for a new nurse from someone that you trust?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:04 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Oh man, that sounds like exactly what you need to be dealing with right now. Can you try to get a personal recommendation for a new nurse from someone that you trust?

I know some but problem is that most frum nurses will not work @ night in home & also some I know are RNs & baby approved for LPN.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:20 pm
Fox wrote:
It's the worst! I can't even tell you all the drama we had. Sadly, a lot of LPNs doing home care are really unprofessional. BTDT. You're not unreasonable or crazy. I recommend ice cream, but that's just me . . . PM me if you need to vent more . . .

Ice cream does sound good! but I need to fit into my dress for close wedding coming up. otoh I skip 2 meals a day these days so I can just eat that as lunch Smile!

Thanks for reassurance. I can't call them every day to complain, but I'm really not getting any decent night nurses. B"H for daytime I'm pretty much covered.
Can I just call the agency tomorrow and say she's sleeping on the job? (if I would like her and she would make more of an effort in other areas I would ignore it like I did with my weekend nurse...)

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Oct 31 2017, 11:24 pm
If she is really getting you nervous ask the agency for another one. There are some very good/clean health aides. You just need to find the right one. With my experience, they send you the worst ones and when you send away, the agency replaces with a better one usually.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 1:44 am
I don't know of people with home nurses but if she adds more stress why??

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 3:47 am
Speaking as a nurse here. It's completely unacceptable to sleep on the job! I would definitely call and complain/report her. This is a huge safety concern!

happyone

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 4:39 am
I can write a book on home care nursing. I dealt with them for 17 years.
"Can't live with em, can't live without them"
It takes time to find competent nurses you trust.
I once had a new nurse cover an overnight shift. I was asleep when she arrived and took report from previous shift nurse. In the morning she wrote in her notes that she diapered my son three times . When I woke up nurse asked me if it's a girl or a boy!

Bet she had a good night's sleep...

cm

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 5:55 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't know of people with home nurses but if she adds more stress why??

If you read the original post, you will see that this is a child with significant health needs.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:14 am
So she doesn't need more stress.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 6:44 am
Wow this post brings back memories (good and bad) we had a trached child who is no longer with us. I remember we tried out many many nurses until we found the ones that were great. Ask the agency for better. When you find the right one, it’s worth it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics