Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Do you tip when you pay for delivery?
Previous  1  2

simba

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 9:23 am
Yes, $2 unless it is a extra large job. Like a furniture delivery and Setup or a huge grocery order that I asked him to schelp all the way to my kitchen.

These service peoples pay is based on the fact that they will get tips.

Amarante

Post Wed, Nov 01 2017, 10:08 am
Ruchel wrote:
Tip is by definition not mandatory. Let the worker see with his boss if he's underpaid.

It’s quite different in Europe and many restaurants in the USA which have many European visitors will have some kind of statement regarding tipping. In Europe, tips are added automatically as a service charge.

I can’t imagine having an item delivered and not tipping aside from items delivered by UPS, FedEx or Post Office. Most large deliveries like appliances or furniture aren’t just left at the door. I just had a bed frame delivered and it was delivered by Fedex and left at the door. I then had to pay someone to shlep it to my apartment and then tip the guys who delivered the mattress and adjustable bed frame. Very Happy

I don’t know anyone who pays delivery people who deliver groceries or pizza or prescriptions well. Tips are a part of their income and they calculate how much in tips they are likely to receive.

The only people I wouldn’t tip ate those who continually serve me like the doorman in my building. Those I give a present to but I would also tip if they perform an exceptional service
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette