Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Please help me find a stroller to fit medical equipment!

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 1:41 pm
Here's the story: I currently have the Graco Modes 3 Lite Travel System Stroller. It really fits my needs in terms of storage and easy fold plus the car seat. A big downside to this is that the car seat doesn't click in easily and has caused a near accident. Amazon allows me to return it.

I have now the opportunity though to purchase a stroller to fit her needs and have a budget of about $1,000.
I was thinking that if thats the case, I might as well get something more high-end...

We travel alot to appointments these days so it needs to have a carseat option.
should preferably fold easy
have a big basket to hold equipment and or capacity to hold about 15 lbs from handelbar.
go up steps without brakes getting stuck.

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 1:49 pm
Uppababy vista fits all of the criteria. If you are just taking the frame with you and using the car seat it does not take tons of space. The basket is enourmous. My only complaints are that the straps on the toddler seat are kind of annoying to adjust and my just turned 3 year old does not fit any more.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 1:52 pm
City Select. The stroller frame and wheels are used by custom companies to make adaptive strollers. Very very though and has a huge basket

simba

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 1:53 pm
The Bugaboo Donkey has a great storage on the side.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 2:51 pm
Uppababy Cruz has a big basket, lightweight, can fold small......

happy to be me

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 2:55 pm
How about the donkey bugaboo?

poledra

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 7:07 pm
pesek zman wrote:
City Select. The stroller frame and wheels are used by custom companies to make adaptive strollers. Very very though and has a huge basket

The City select also has a shopping basket option, in addition to underneath

Blessing1

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 7:24 pm
She wants a stroller that folds easily. The bugaboo donkey doesn't fold & it's not a traveling stroller.
Another vote for city select, it wheels very easily & folds great.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 10:08 pm
pesek zman wrote:

How do I customize it?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:
How do I customize it?

You can't, an adaptive stroller company (typically via a wheelchair clinic) can

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 11:02 pm
So I would have to do get it through EI or medicaid waiver?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Nov 02 2017, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
So I would have to do get it through EI or medicaid waiver?

Not sure of insurance coverage or what it takes to qualify (based on medical necessity) but heeled hair clinics can be found within rehab/PT department of major hospitals. Columbia, where I work, for example has one.

gande

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 1:34 am
The bugaboo bee is great! It folds easy, wheels amazing, even with weight and has a nice basket on the bottom. You can use a mommy hook to hang things from the handlebar. It lasts forever. You can attach a car seat but the stroller can be parent facing so you don't need a car seat or a bassinet.

Raisin

Post Fri, Nov 03 2017, 5:56 am
The city mini has a big basket (and I hang stuff from the handle with mommy hooks) and folds easily. I bump it up steps too. You can buy a car seat adapter for it.

Bear in mind once your baby grows out of the infant car seat at about a year old, you won't be able to do that anymore. Sad

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 10:40 pm
Hi, OP here.

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies!

So, baby still didn't get a new stroller and its been crazy w/o a decent one...
Bugaboo bee and citi mini won't fit her suction machine in the basket as the seat is too close. uppa baby does but I don't love the look so its kind of second choice.

So thinking now, as I saw a video of the new bugaboo fox that it may fit our needs (not our budget really though! especially as I still need to purchase a car seat and adapter) seems like the basket is really big and the option to add the 'mammoth bag' sounds amazing (we can probably put her suction machine or O2 tank there) and the pulse ox can go on foot rest.

Has anyone seen it already? not even sure if they already have them in stores though...

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 12 2018, 11:07 pm
amother wrote:
Hi, OP here.

Thank you for all your suggestions ladies!

So, baby still didn't get a new stroller and its been crazy w/o a decent one...
Bugaboo bee and citi mini won't fit her suction machine in the basket as the seat is too close. uppa baby does but I don't love the look so its kind of second choice.

So thinking now, as I saw a video of the new bugaboo fox that it may fit our needs (not our budget really though! especially as I still need to purchase a car seat and adapter) seems like the basket is really big and the option to add the 'mammoth bag' sounds amazing (we can probably put her suction machine or O2 tank there) and the pulse ox can go on foot rest.

Has anyone seen it already? not even sure if they already have them in stores though...

It’ll be available March 1. It’s available for preorder though.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:27 am
How about the austlen entourage?
https://m.albeebaby.com/austle......html

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 3:40 am
amother wrote:
How about the austlen entourage?
https://m.albeebaby.com/austle......html

Hey, that's so cool!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 9:13 am
I have a neighbor with a special needs child who needs equipment. She bought a Vista with rumbleseat for walks. She puts her child in the main seat, and the equipment in the rumbleseat. I imagine you could put it in the very large basket too, if it doesn’t exceed the weight limit.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 10:14 am
If you're happy with the Graco, could the funds be used for a carseat that better accomodates the Graco, or does she need a specially adapted carseat?

No other ideas, sorry. But if you can, go to a store with a large stock of higher end strollers, preferably on a weekday, and see what looks good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics