Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I just saw a child hit by a car!

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:16 pm
So I just went to get something out of my car, when I saw a child run across the street and get hit by a car!!! I'm nauseous right now because of it. It was so horrible - the kid (maybe 5 yrs. old) just bounced off of the car. PLEASE PARENTS watch your kids and teach them never to run out into the street! The car obviously swerved to miss the kid, but the child just ran between two parked cars into the street!

I'm sick about this. The worse is I just screamed and froze. I was about a block away and saw it all happen but loads of other people got to the child including the mother who scooped him up. I feel like if I called hatzola they would have gotten there maybe a min. sooner than they did. Not a big deal, but I'm just sick over seeing it...

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:18 pm
that is so horrible

happyone

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:29 pm
How terrible. I watched a car accident almost twelve years ago, and still cannot get the horrific memory out of my mind. Do you have the name of the child so we can say tehillim?

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 5:36 pm
No. I don't even know if the child was Jewish.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:17 am
I have seen that twice. it's awful.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:25 am
sorry ... how scary ... and sad ...

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 7:40 am
I once saw a car run a red and hit a man on a bike. the guy on the bike flew up and bounced off the windshield and then landed on the ground. it was the scariest thing. I thought it was the end of the guy. then he jumped up and started screaming at the driver. he was barely hurt. btw he was wearing a helmet and I really think that saved him. hopefully the child that u saw being hit wasnt either hurt.

peach

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:20 am
Bennysmommy, I was once getting a ride with my friend's father and a kid on a bike came out right in front of the car and the same thing happened. He got pushed up against the windshield and then flew off high in the air and landed on the side of the road.

He was taken to the hospital but I think he only had minor injuries b'h.

it was very scary, especially seeing it from inside the car.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:43 am
mimisinger,
since you told us this, mind telling us too how the child is?

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:48 am
I can really relate to this!

CAYA

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 11:48 am
how should she know? she saw it from a block away

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 19 2007, 12:32 pm
I have had several experiences like that- personal, and those I saw. On Ocean Pkwy there are no parked cars. So when a teen on a bike inched his bike wheel off the curb while waiting for the light to change, a car hit the wheel. The kid fell with the bike between his legs.... and get this: THE STREAM OF CARS DID NOT STOP. They kept on running over the front wheel of the bike, crushing the boy's leg underneath. One after another. Sad
Crazy world. When the light changed and he got a break, he crawled onto the grass to recuperate.

When I was in 4th grade I was crossing the street and a car turned into the street I was crossing with zooming speed. I ran the last bit to the curb, but it still hit my leg. He paused 1/4 way down the block, saw that I was still standing, and zoomed away.

In 10th grade I was running to catch the bus home. This bus came once an hour, so if I missed it, I missed it. So I ran across a 2 way street after only looking 1 way... and got hit. I flew onto the windshield (B"H not under the wheels!) and when the car stopped I flew off and landed on my back. B"H I had a bulky backpack.

Yeah. Now I only cross the street on the corner and when it's my light!

SingALong

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 5:36 pm
once as a kid I went out with my sister and brother. we were standing on the corner waiting for the light to change when a car hit us.It ended up wrapped around the pole. Another car had bached her so she ended up ther...long complicated story.
we werent even on the street! B"H we were all ok. For years afterwards I waited further into the sidewalk when waiting for the light to change.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 5:42 pm
The child was about 5 or 6 - my nephews age and size....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics